“Unique and good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Sheldon, Iowa
“Unique and good”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Homemade sausages and desserts. It is cafeteria style but made to order. The deli/bakery side allows you buy the products and take them home with you. Delicious food!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jessica B

• Czech first
Lisle, Illinois
“Goldberg's...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm not gonna lie, the biggest reason I came here is because this is what they used as Goldberg's Deli in the second Mighty Ducks movie. So, I was pleasantly surprised how delicious it was. The staff was very friendly and made our sandwiches with great care. Even the bun my sandwich was on was delectable. My only complaint is that the bathrooms need some more care.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Can't wait for a return visit”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were looking for a good bakery when we left our hotel. GPS found this for us and are we thankful. We had never been there and we decided to give it a try. The Kolachis are out of this world. We should have gone home with a box full. The meat looked fabulous, so many things to choose from. Next time we return we will have a cooler so we can stock up and bring it home. Everything was spotless, the help delightful and actually helpful. We went next door to get coffee and there is a restaurant that I would love to try, it all smelled fantastic.

Finding real bakeries that make their own these days need to be encouraged that yes, we do notice the difference. Stop and try, you won't be sorry. Oh, they have plenty of parking and that is a real bonus.

2 Thank P J
New York City, New York
“Favorite place in Mpls”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

If you like super filling rich Polish food and a unique atmosphere full of character and the aroma of sausage and cabbage (in a good way), this is the place. Cafeteria style service, great people. It's family owned and you get that sense from everyone you meet. Big lunch and dinner crowds but never such a long wait and always worth it. Splurge for dessert! Amazing pastries, pies and cakes. Excellent selection of European beers. And much better sausages than the uber-trendy bierhaus down the street.

1 Thank BFDStein
Minneapolis
“Forgot how delicious this is”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

After she was raving about their brats at the Twins game, I decided to take my daughter here for lunch. I hadn't been in a couple years and forgot how delicious everything was. I should've let her walk along the line to see what was there before jumping in the line (I already knew what I was going to get). We ended up getting pierogis and sharing a bowl of borscht (asked for the smallest size which was large) and a pumpernickel roll. So delicious!

The atmosphere is no frills cafeteria style. It somehow seems appropriate. The service is excellent and friendly. Daughter really enjoyed it and plans to come back with her young 20-something friends.