“Accommodating to Your Schedule”
Review of Solera - CLOSED

Solera
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: On Bus Route.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Accommodating to Your Schedule”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to Solera before going to the Book of Mormon and greatly appreciated their willingness to work with our schedule. The food was quick and offered a nice variety.

Visited February 2013

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Dinner and a Show!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had dinner at Solera before Book of Mormon at the Orpheum and enjoyed our dinner very much. We had rabbit stew which was delicious as well as the quail which we all enjoyed. The scallops were good but for what we paid for the plate, I was disappointed, the three scallops were each about the size of a quarter. The plates come to your table as soon as they are ready so you can end up with several things at your table at one time and then a lull before the next item comes. We ordered the dessert special and it was very good! All in all a great beginning to our evening!

• Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dates!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I dined here before a show next door and found our experience to be average. We had early reservations so we were seated right away. The food comes quite fast and the servers are very prompt with delivering your meal, if you plan to have a long slow dinner this may not be the best place, we did feel a little rushed. Other than the speed our service was great.

In regards to food, the dates are amazing, you must get them. We also enjoyed the scallops; everything else was quite small and not really worth the cost, the cheese plate was the least impressive. The quality of food was on par for what I would expect for a restaurant of this caliber. We tired 5 different dishes between the two of us, from our experience I would recommend ordering 2-3 dishes per person.

Overall I think we will be back here in the summer to hang out on the rooftop and pig out on dates and sangria however we do not plan to return again for dinner as the overall meal was just acceptable and not too impressive for the cost.

• Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Over priced”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good atmosphere. We were in the back room and the table felt secluded and intimate. Drinks were tasty and average priced (maybe a tad high but not horrible). Food was WAY over-priced, though. The rabbit "stew" had 3 tiny morsels of rabbit and the peppers had two small slivers of pepper - definitely not suitable for tapas sharing. Total food bill was $30 and I think I ate more bread than actual food I paid for. Definitely won't be back. I should have taken note when I walked in that the restaurant was less than 1/4 full at 7pm on a Friday night.

• Visited January 2013
Savage, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've been to Solera on several locations and have never been disappointed. Everything I've tried on the menu has been out of this world. This is the kind of food that just explodes with flavor--it's not a meal so much as an experience. Carve out plenty of time to savor each and every bite. Wine list is amazing and offers some very different selections that are hard to find in retail liquor stores. On top of all this, the atmosphere is lovely, the restaurant itself is beautiful, and usually full of classy foodie types enjoying themselves just as much as you are. It isn't the most highly esteemed among locals, but it is my personal favorite.

Visited July 2012