“For a chain restaurant, this is pretty good”
Review of The Melting Pot

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Marquette
Transit: We recommend using the 5th Street stop on the Light Rail of any Metro Transit bus stop on Nicollet Avenue downtown.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“For a chain restaurant, this is pretty good”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service here is always wonderful! The food and wine are really good, and they will work with you if you have any food allergies, or wish to make substitutions. The Big Night Out is a really good deal if you can eat a lot.

Visited April 2013

Andover, Minnesota
“A family affair”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We chose the four course meal each time we visit. Everything on the menu is fresh and the dipping sauces are always tasty. I agree, it is expensive, but you get to enjoy conversation between your courses and as your pot is cooking a delightful mixture of fresh vegetables and seafood or many other main entrée options. Don't forget your last course of chocolate fondue with fruits to dip plus, cheesecake, marshmallows and many other delicious options. This is truly an experience and the way I could enjoy many meals.

• Visited October 2013
New Hope, Minnesota
“Fun experience but very expensive”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food was tasty but for the price I would say the portions weren't great. The menu can be intimidating if you've never been to the Melting Pot before. The waitress explained how to order and I'm still only partially sure I understand. We opted for the four course meal of cheese, salad, entre and dessert. They let you choose up to two cheeses per table (we had eight in our party) and they provide a variety of breads and chips to dip in there. They have a spicy one but no one at our table thought it was that spicy. I would definitely recommend the ceasar salad. It was sweeter than typical and had pine nuts or something on it which were perfectly toasted. For the entre everyone gets to pick their own but only two oils are available for the table. I chose the cheapest entre available which consisted of shrimp, chicken and steak. Much to my dismay their were five shrimp and six chunks each of chicken and steak. Be careful that you real stick those suckers on the skewers well or you'll be fishing them out. They recommend minimum cook times for each protein in order to prevent under-cooking anything. Everyone got their phones out to use the timers to keep track. I would think the restaurant would have clocks everywhere to assist but that would only bring to your attention that you're spending two plus hours eating dinner. The dessert was the best part. Once again the table can choose up to two options. We had one that was peanut butter and chocolate flavored and I don't remember the name of the other but it said "like liquid candy" on the menu. They were both amazing. The waitress brought us a bunch of little dessert items to dip like rice krispie squares, cheesecake, marshmellows, red velvet, strawberries, and my favorite bananas (all sprinkled in cinnamon). Everything tasted great and the experience was uncommon, a great change of pace in dining. The main complaints I have are the high price and the low portion size on the entres. If I were to eat here again I would likely maybe just go for dessert.

• Visited February 2014
Minnesota
“It is a Experience along with a Great Meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I had the four course meal. The meal was a production, very fun. It took approximately 2 hours to complete all four courses. Keep in mind this is a unique restaurant.We knew this was a expensive place prior to going. Our bill was $105.00 this was for two people with coffee. So with a nice tip- which our waiter well deserved your bill runs close to $130.00. If we had drinks on that it could of easily been $150. or more.

Eating at the Melting Pot is almost like what you might pay for a play - it is very different not like any other restaurant. Very fun-- just make sure you realize the cost when eating here.

• Visited January 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Loved it~”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had the cheese app, main course and dessert, our favs were the app and dessert, The App was the Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue and it is by far the most delicious! The main course was a Bourguignonne and it was too difficult a cooking method, was over involved, would def choose the Seasoned Court Bouillon or the coq au vin if we were to go again soon. we had the Flaming Turtle for our dessert chocolate fondue and it was good but you couldn't really taste the caramel and there were not that many almonds. Service was good, we also sat in a booth this time which was very cozy and intimate but we baked like a couple of hot rolls so ask for a table!!

• Visited January 2014