“Unique Dining Experience ... But Expensive”
Review of The Melting Pot

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Marquette
Transit: We recommend using the 5th Street stop on the Light Rail of any Metro Transit bus stop on Nicollet Avenue downtown.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you are looking for a fun and unique dining experience, The Melting Pot does not disappoint. However, for the price, I have had more satisfying meals. The cheese fondue appetizer was very satisfying, which is a compiled by a generous selection of breads, vegetables and apple slices. However, the main course was disappointing, both in terms of the amount of food and the taste of the "cooking styles". Desert consists of cheesecake, strawberries, marshmallows and Rice Krispy bars for dipping into a decent selection of chocolate fondues. I have no complaints about the service, which was prompt and attentive. My issue is that I left the restaurant feeling that my dinner was not worth the $50+ per person price tag. If I return to The Melting Pot, I would order the cheese fondue appetizer and desert appetizer ... and skip the main course.

2  Thank STP1606

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I had a great time! Great for special occasions! It's a little expensive for what you actually get. Lot's to do in that area.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, the Melting Pot offers the complete fondue dining experience. You can select a four-course meal (cheese fondue, salad, main course and dessert) for a set price or go a la carte. There is a wide variety of choices within each category. The fondue is cooked right at the table with very fresh ingredients, making the dining experience very fun and intimiate. The wine list was much more extensive than I had expected. My friend and I each chose the four-course option and did not regret it. It takes almost two hours to go through all the courses, so if you are heading to the theatre (as we were), allow lots of time.
The atmosphere was cosy, service great. I think it could get hot in there during the summer with all the stream.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The cheese was was okay. We did their recommended cheese and it wasn't spectacular. The Salad was great! I forgot which one it was, but it had the walnuts on it. The meat was gross. I mean I know it is supposed to be "boiled" meat essentially but I couldn't get over the texture and weirdness of the taste. I'd much rather have mine prepared nearly any other way.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went for dinner with another couple. Arrived early so went to the bar in back. Sat at a table for a few minutes, then at the bar for a few, than back to the table. Not sure what the problem was with the bartender as there were only 4 of us in the bar, but we were totally ignored even though i know he saw us. A disappointing start.

Once seated the waiter was friendly and helpful, although he might have pushed the full meal deal a little more than necessary. The food was very good and the drinks were too.

A little pricey even without the big meal deal, but an entertaining and different dining experience.