“Unique dining experience but pricey”
Review of The Melting Pot

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Marquette
Transit: We recommend using the 5th Street stop on the Light Rail of any Metro Transit bus stop on Nicollet Avenue downtown.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, the Melting Pot offers the complete fondue dining experience. You can select a four-course meal (cheese fondue, salad, main course and dessert) for a set price or go a la carte. There is a wide variety of choices within each category. The fondue is cooked right at the table with very fresh ingredients, making the dining experience very fun and intimiate. The wine list was much more extensive than I had expected. My friend and I each chose the four-course option and did not regret it. It takes almost two hours to go through all the courses, so if you are heading to the theatre (as we were), allow lots of time.
The atmosphere was cosy, service great. I think it could get hot in there during the summer with all the stream.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The cheese was was okay. We did their recommended cheese and it wasn't spectacular. The Salad was great! I forgot which one it was, but it had the walnuts on it. The meat was gross. I mean I know it is supposed to be "boiled" meat essentially but I couldn't get over the texture and weirdness of the taste. I'd much rather have mine prepared nearly any other way.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went for dinner with another couple. Arrived early so went to the bar in back. Sat at a table for a few minutes, then at the bar for a few, than back to the table. Not sure what the problem was with the bartender as there were only 4 of us in the bar, but we were totally ignored even though i know he saw us. A disappointing start.

Once seated the waiter was friendly and helpful, although he might have pushed the full meal deal a little more than necessary. The food was very good and the drinks were too.

A little pricey even without the big meal deal, but an entertaining and different dining experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with a groupon. Not sure I'd pay full price here for the overall meal but with the discount was reasonable. Ambiance was super fun, service was great and our sea food was quite good.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the Melting Pot for my boyfriends birthday in August. We had a great experience and it was a very fun atmosphere. It was fun to get to cook your food at your table. It was a little bit expensive for what I thought you were served but other than that it was fun! I would definitely get a reservation though as the place was packed. The spinach and artichoke dip was amazing!