“Overall fun experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Melting Pot
Ranked #131 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Marquette
Transit: We recommend using the 5th Street stop on the Light Rail of any Metro Transit bus stop on Nicollet Avenue downtown.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Overall fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went for dinner with another couple. Arrived early so went to the bar in back. Sat at a table for a few minutes, then at the bar for a few, than back to the table. Not sure what the problem was with the bartender as there were only 4 of us in the bar, but we were totally ignored even though i know he saw us. A disappointing start.

Once seated the waiter was friendly and helpful, although he might have pushed the full meal deal a little more than necessary. The food was very good and the drinks were too.

A little pricey even without the big meal deal, but an entertaining and different dining experience.

• Visited September 2013

Becker, Minnesota
“Excellent desert on fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with a groupon. Not sure I'd pay full price here for the overall meal but with the discount was reasonable. Ambiance was super fun, service was great and our sea food was quite good.

North Dakota
“Fun Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the Melting Pot for my boyfriends birthday in August. We had a great experience and it was a very fun atmosphere. It was fun to get to cook your food at your table. It was a little bit expensive for what I thought you were served but other than that it was fun! I would definitely get a reservation though as the place was packed. The spinach and artichoke dip was amazing!

Colorado
“Lousy service but I LOVED the food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was the first time I had ever been to a Melting Pot restaurant. Although my waiter took quite a bit of time to take my order and he wasn't very attentive, the food was awesome. He didn't take sufficient time to explain the procedure but after I asked about it he explained I needed to cook the meat. I knew once I saw the raw meat I needed to cook it, but I thought it would come cooked and I thought that the fondue pot was for dipping. But once I got it figured out I Loved the food. Will definitely eat at The Melting Pot again, just not that location.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Florence, Italy
“Suggested for who never had a fondue experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was my last dinner in Mpls after this summer's trip visiting my girlfriend in the Twin Cities and she really wanted to go eat at the Melting Pot: I must admit, I was diffident at first, but after the experience my opinion has done a complete 180.
The atmosphere is really nice and cozy: ideal for both family or couple occasions, not as much a place where to be roudy with friends, even though there was a really nice drink-list [large selection of cocktails, wines and beers].
The menu can be a little bit confusing if it's you're first time having fondue [it wasn't for us], but if you have an awesome server such as ours [Jesse], they will walk you through every single step and question you may have, with suggestions of personal favorites right off the menu.
I had a 4-course meal, which is normally the way fondue is traditionally served, and my girlfriend had the starter fondue with cheese, the main course fondue and a desert fondue.
The cheese we chose was a 4-cheese fondue, with some tomato and basil pesto. Our dippers were 3 different kind of breads, veggies and green apples. It was really good and gooey cheese. Very filling too.
The salad [my second of four courses] was unfortunately kind of bland and not sufficiently dressed.
I had The Classic as a main course, which was a complete dish with an assortment of all their main cuts. Ideal if you want to try a bit of anything. My girlfriend instead had a choice of 3 meats from the entree list [for a really good price too]. This second option would probably be the best if you're planning on composing your own selection of proteins for the main course. You also get complementary veggies [mushrooms, broccoli and potatoes] and six dipping sauces [all very good: teriyaki glaze, yogurt-curry, sweet-'n-sour made with ginger and plum, blue cheese based, cocktail sauce for seafood and a vegetable condiment sauce].
Save some space for dessert, because the chocolate fondue list is truly to die for. We had a ying-yang fondue [white + dark chocolate] and it was really a decadent treat to top the dinner off with. Dippers were amazing: from marshmallows to browines, from cheese cake to pund cake, and even rice crispy treats! [bananas and strawberries for you fruit lovers too!]
All-in-all a good experience: good food, nice atmosphere, very kind server. A good fit even if a bit pricey. Definitely suggested.
Also, it's normally very busy: reservation highly suggested.