“Food Excellent ...Parking Horrible”

Eli's Food and Cocktail East
Ranked #280 of 1,835 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ok, once you get your car parked you are in for a treat.
They have a nice bar with a number of craft beers on tap as well as the usual cocktail menu.
I've eaten here a number of times and never been disappointed. There are always specials from seafood to pasta and many more. The sandwich menu is also very good. I like the place because the food is unique and not something you are going to get anywhere else.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter, having recently moved into NE Mpls., brought me and my wife to Eli's for dinner the other night. It was a cute place with great atmosphere. The menu had something for everyone and was very reasonably priced. The BBQ pork tacos were delicious, as was the jicama slaw. I'm sure I'll be back to try some other menu items.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I went here for brunch. I am not normally a brunch person but I was so glad we went. We had the french toast which was wonderful and the Turkducken benedict (delicious). There were so many other interesting things onthe menu I can't wait to go back and try more items. The place is small and I don't know if they take reservations but it would be worth the wait if they had one.

1  Thank kruezers
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was back in Minneapolis over the holidays visiting family and had the great pleasure of being introduced to Eli's. We arrived for dinner after 10pm and the place was bustling and full of life. The menu offers a wide-variety of dishes - classic americana fare and comfort food. I couldn't resist ordering the Sloppy Jo... it was oustanding! The baked penne and cheese with breadcrumbs was also delicious. The service was exceptional. Our waitress was friendly and funny and strongly recommended the pork tenderloin to my dad, who raved about it. Overall, Eli's has a very cool and laid-back vibe, with great service and really, really yummy food. Check it out.

1  Thank stoneymuggins
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The new Eli's in Northeast Minneapolis is definitely a neighborhood gem. It's roomier then the space downtown. The menu is eclectic and the food is delicious. Service is very friendly and efficient. Bruschetta and pork belly sliders were wonderful. Only complaint is for a table of 4 there are only 3 on the plate. Be nice if restaurants made enough so a party of 4 could each sample it without ordering 2 orders of everything, just saying.... Truffle burger was delicous, chopped salad too, others enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich and the portebello mushroom sandwich. Nice that you can substitute fruit instead of fries. Look forward to going back and trying some of the other items on the menu. Oh, the beer selection is also great.