“Maybe not so gluten free”

Pizza Luce - Uptown
Ranked #116 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

They say they are glurten free and are certified in gluten awareness, but I was sick after my first gluten free pizza from Luce. I'm guessing cross-contamination is easier with pizza than other gluten free menu items like salads and pasta that are prepared in individual dishes. It's all in the same ovens, on the same paddles...that's my guess. I'm really bummed because it sucks not being able to eat regular pizza. Suppose it could just be because they were very busy that night, but it's not something I'll risk again.

1  Thank FoodGurllllll

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved it, amazing, incredible. I would move to MN to eat here regularly!!!

Had a bottle of vino, half price bottles some nights n lots of other specials.

Buffalo wings r tops n all non GF food (according to hubby) was terrific.

I will travel to MN or open my own in Cali!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everyone has their favorite place for pizza, and after trying a number of the "best" places, I keep going back to Pizza Luce. The Classic and the Luce are the two best pizzas if you are a meat eater. They offer gluten free pizza, but the taste and quality is weak. The atmosphere is so-so; it really is more of a take out place. If you are looking for ambiance or romance this isn't for you. The customer service over the phone and at pick up can be indifferent, wait service is adequate. So overall I give it 5 stars for my two favorite pizzas to take out. If I had to include gluten free pizza and service, I would downgrade to 3 stars.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Okay, this was my second visit to Pizza Luce and I went somewhat reluctantly. The last time I visited this place it was just okay and with the abundance of good pizza places in Minneapolis I wasn't anxious to go back. I'm so glad I did!! I went with my 2 teenagers and we each tried a small pizza and they were all fabulous. I had the thai chicken pizza and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had...fresh and so tasty. My daughter had the shrimp pesto pizza and my son had some sort of meat, on meat, on meat pizza...they both enjoyed them. Service was attentive and our waiter gave us sound advice when we asked about certain pizzas. We Loved it!!! I will give a third, fourth and so on try!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was impressed with the pizza. I initally thought I was not going to like the selections but once I got my pizza I was very pleased.