“Great Atmosphere”
Review of Loring Pasta Bar

Loring Pasta Bar
Ranked #119 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We took our son for a dinner. The meal was very good. We loved the pasta meals and the dessert. We liked the decorations. There was live music which was wonderful. The restaurant could use better ventilation but that did not stop us from having a nice meal.

Visited January 2014

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Wonderful pasta, really cool location”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our daughter lives in Minneapolis, and she made reservations for the four of us at this restaurant. The restaurant is a converted warehouse with high ceilings and a lot of square footage. They remodeled by putting up brick half walls and steps, none of which are quite straight. It's almost like Venice meets Dr. Seuss, which is cozy and romantic. I had the seafood spagetti with squid ink pasta. The pasta was homemade and perfect and the seafood and sauce was wonderful. We all shared a salad that had mild blue cheese, sugared walnuts, and cranberries in a champagne vinagrette. I see complaints about the serving sizes on other reviews, but by the time we had shared salad, an entree, and shared desert, we were stuffed, although we did not take home leftovers, mainly because it was just so good. The tiramisu was as classically good as it should be. The waiter was attentive but not smothering, very well trained. I do not go to a restaruant to listen to the waiter talk, that just cuts into my time with my family. This waiter knew this. There was a 4 person blues/jazz band playing. They played softly and did not drown out conversation, but if you wanted to stop and listen, they were very good. All in all just a great place to spend an evening and worth every penny.

• Visited January 2014
Richfield, Minnesota
“Girls birthday lunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I had never been here and found it on trip advisor. The space is so cute and cozy! Even the rest room is adorable. We went during the cold snap. It was -15 I thought it would be cold in the restaurant but it was warm and comfortable. The drinks were great, the lunch was good, not the greatest ever, but very good. I had brought in a cake for the b-day girl and they wanted to charge us $6 plating fee per person. I thought that was a lot! We passed on the free bday dessert for a trade for no cost to eat our own dessert and that worked. $18 charge to eat our own cake. That's the reason for a lower score. I loved the place and would go again!

Lakeville, Minnesota
“Good food, but pricey for what you get”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I ate at the Loring Pasta Bar for the first time last night before a Gopher hockey game. The servers were very friendly, and their overall service was good. Nice décor, and lovely old building.

I ordered the mushroom ravioli. It was plated very well, and was very good, but was average portion. The reason I probably won't be back, is that my dinner was $15. For that, I got the ravioli, no bread, no salad. The drink prices weren't cheap either. So my tap alone with thirty bucks, for a drink, beer, and plate of ravioli. With so many other choices to go for dinner, why leave the place you went to eat dinner, hungry?

• Visited January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Marginal for food and staff”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Four of us went here on a recent saturday. There were five or six tables full and only one waitress for all the tables. It was lunch so either they did not plan for that many tables and only one staff or that many tables was simply too big of job for the waitress. She was good at the beginning, our food was sort of slow, and then when we did get the food she barely checked on us. FYI... no kids menu,. Our kids were old enough to split and or order off the adult menu but just an FYI. My pop was empty for at least 15 minutes while she made the rounds to all the other tables. Love the atmosphere but we will save our money next time and go to Broders Pasta Bar where the service and food are ALWAYS amazing....

• Visited December 2013