“Classy broad? Ichi's.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ichiban Japanese Steak House - Minneapolis - CLOSED

Ichiban Japanese Steak House - Minneapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grant (Between 13th & 14th)
Transit: The light rail stops between 4th and 5th on Nicollet. We are at 1333 Nicollet.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Classy broad? Ichi's.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I don't go often, but since I was a kid I loved it. The steak, rare, is redic. The atmosphere is sexy 1960's lounge-ish. Don't propose here. I know of 2 other's this happened to, plus myself- I met these people completely out of nowhere (we are friends because of this).

Visited July 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“TERRIBLE Food and Service!! Do NOT go here and waste your money!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

First of all the staff was rude when we came in for a birthday party. The manager upon hearing my complaint was also rude and didn't try to make up for a horrible experience. I ordered the filet mignon and scallops. The fish was under cooked and raw and the filet that I was anxiously awaiting was chopped up into tiny baby sized pieces. Not what I was expecting for the money I was paying. The waitress although nice was not at all assertive and kept forgetting things - like the note pad to take our order. In this hectic enviornment the waitstaff needs to be on top of it and in control. She was not. I would never recommend this place to anyone. I think there are so many other wonderful restaurants in Minneapolis that I would rather give my money and patronage to.

• Visited October 2012
Langley, BC
“Dinner and a show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

A fun way to experience dinner. Your food is all prepared in front of you at a giant grill, which you sit around. Our chef was still kind of new and was a little messy, but he sure made up for it with his talent for flare.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank LangleyVagabond
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Japenese Hibachi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited Ichiban Japenses Steak House in Minneapolis this evening for a birthday celebration. While the decor is a little worn, the food and the the entire wait staff were outstanding. We all had the lobster, steak and chicken, it was done to perfection and the fried rice was the best I've had in a long time. A little pricey, but we left full after a great meal and a good show by our chef.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pickytraveler55439
Colleyville
“Unlimited Sushi Buffet Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not that there isn't better sushi in the Twin Cities, but the all-you-can-eat buffet is worth the price. The wait for a seat was a bit longer than we expected and the service a bit "abrupt", but the food made up for it.

Visited May 2012