“So disappointed!”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th & Nicollet
Transit: We are 4 blocks from the downtown light rail system.
Description: Unique to Minneapolis, the restaurant has several "snugs" (private booths for six with draperies) in the formal dining room. The handsome interior features handcrafted mahogany, stained glass (depicting Minnesota heritage), brass accents, and Tiffany-style lamps lending a traditional note to the interior. McCormick & Schmick's also features a lively bar experience, with a bar staff that practices traditional mixology -- hand-shaken cocktails using only bottled sodas, freshly squeezed juices and premium liquors.
“So disappointed!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went there for Christmas dinner because I wanted crab legs. Unfortunately for me they were rubbery, luke warm, skimpy and the presentation: thrown together. For the price they charge I was shocked!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kiwione

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Designated date spot”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This and Oceanaire are our first choices for downtown Minneapolis dining. It was not that long ago when good seafood only was found at the coasts. We very much enjoy the atmosphere.

Visited February 2012
Waconia, Minnesota
“Nice place for tasty greasy diner food.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Sent back the first dish because of the grease. I laid a paper napkin on it and it was soaked in seconds. That second dish was little better but still nothing better than a greasy grill joint. The waitress was crabby and seemed bothered by having to be there. Any other reasonable place would have offered something. I talked to the manager and he said everybody has a bad day in response to me stating that I wouldn't be back. The problem is that I paid for their bad day. I will never go back, but the salad was good.

Robbinsdale, Minnesota
“A great lunch spot”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I had lunch and had great food, Our waiter suggested the bacon wrapped shrimp, that was owesome. Great presentation. My wife had the shrimp linguine which was very good, I had the kobe burger - cooked to perfection. I would recommend this place - our waiter did a great job and kept the refills coming.

• Visited December 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Fancy but casual”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had dinner at M&S. Wife had some kind of Wahoo fish with a pretzel crust and she loved it. I had the steak and lobster special (25.00). Steak was a little tough but still good. Our hotel concierge made our reservation and they treated us special. Even put a "VIP" sign on the table.
Highly recommend M&S and have your hotel call in the reservation.

Visited December 2012