“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Review of JD Hoyt's

JD Hoyt's
Reserve with OpenTable
JD Hoyt's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Ave. North
Transit: 2 blocks north of the light rail and North Star train
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We visited JD Hoyt's on a Sunday evening after a Vikings game with one of the players who we're friends with. There was a rather large group of us (around 15), so we were able to sit in a private room with the games on a projector screen the size of the wall. We started out with appetizers of fried calamari, crab cakes, and the "Buddy Bowl". Everyone talked up the Buddy Bowl before we went so I was eager to try it. Be prepared because it is HUGE! The base is red beans and rice, topped with melted cheese. There is an assortment of seafood on top including scallops, grilled shrimp, and what I think was tilapia (sometimes the white fish is hard to tell apart). It was all very good with cajun seasoning. I think the scallops were probably my favorite part because they were just so perfectly cooked. The crab cakes are AMAZING, and I'm not exaggerating, A-MAZING. They have a beautiful sauce on top and just melt in your mouth.
For the main dish, I chose the 5-oz filet with scallops. It came with a side of vegetables, and we had a side of hash brown potatoes. That was probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. They have an equally impressive wine and drink list. I chose the Meiomi Belle Glos pinot noir and it complimented the steak perfectly. Our servers were absolutely wonderful and very knowledgeable about the menus. I would absolutely go back again!

There are newer reviews for JD Hoyt's

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have dined at JD Hoyt's twice in recent months and both experiences were excellent!tThe place would best be described as a comfort food/ steakhouse with a few southern touches thrown in. I think they have the best filet in the Twin Cities .Their lobster was excellent! You will enjoy the experience

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had the pork chop and cajun fried potatoes. Excellent choice. Great service,; efficient and friendly. Noise level was moderate so able we converse without raising our voices. Convenient to all downtown activities

1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Everything I would expect from a top end Steak House. We had a medium size group and everyone had a good experience. It is not a "quiet" dining experience as it seats a good number of customers so be advised. On a Wednesday night without any downtown activities (i.e. Twins ballgame) parking was no problem. I would consider the night and the events when planning a visit.

1  Thank tjbss
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Best pork chop on the planet.

Atmosphere is terrific

Out standing wait staff

All near down town Minneapolis, close to Target Field, and easy distanct to Wolves or Vikings

Lots of colleage teams eat here during tournaments