“Good lunch place”
Review of Kafe 421

Kafe 421
Reserve with OpenTable
Kafe 421 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,841 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: Between 4th & 5th Street
Transit: University of Minnesota area, so bus stops are prevalent
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Kafe 421 is a good choice for lunch and supper. Located in Dinkytown on the U of M campus, it offers good, a little off the beaten path food, good service and great location. Worth trying.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Amazing swordfish special. The restaurant is very near the University. Well worth the trip from downtown. I would definitely come back next time I am in Minneapolis.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a multi-family, multi-celebration. Excellent fare. We had an appetizer platter. Nice selection with especially good artichochoke dip and crabcakes. Nice entrees, good selection and well done. Our waitress was very attentive, and the owner, Georgia, made certain that all was well. We shall return!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I took my mom here for mother's day, thinking we had never been there before. Wrong. They catered an event for us six years ago. They were good then, they're good now. We had the mango salsa as an appetizer. It was probably one of the best things I've ever eaten. The pita was magnificent and the salsa was a strange but fantastic taste. I ordered the petite steak. It was very good, but the Gorgonzola was a bit heavy. My mother ordered the chicken, which she enjoyed very much. Overall, Kafe 421 made mother's day a success.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great food and lots of really good vegetables. I thoroughly enjoyed each dish. Monday and Wednesday bottles of wine are half priced, too. I am a vegetarian and my colleague is an omnivore and we were both well fed and happy.