“Good Chinese Food, Fast and Friendly Delivery”
Review of Ping's

Ping's
Ranked #717 of 1,836 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was in Minneapolis for a trade show. It was incredibly cold while I was there, most days well below zero. I am not a big fan of eating alone in restaurants and did not feel like venturing out downtown. I ordered take out from Pings. The food was very good, portions were generous and the delivery was quick and friendly. Since the choices of delivery at hotels is limited, I ordered from Pings three times during my stay. Each time the food arrived hot, fast and very tasty. Prices are moderate. If you are visiting downtown Minneapolis and are a Chinese food junkie like me, you will be pleased with Pings.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Well we used to love Pings, would go with our grown kids for birthdays etc. Last night was a change. It was dead for a friday night, 3 tables and a man at the bar. The place which used to be trendy is now old and sad.
The drinks were strong and good, but we waited 8 minutes to get them while they sat at the bar…no waitress to be seen.
Our egg rolls were delicious, full and flavorful, our dumplings were ok, a little doughy, good sauce. Our sesame chicken was very good, served according to the menu as chicken and broccoli. There were 4 pieces of broccoli placed strategically on the top, or so it appeared. Then came the beef with pea pods. Sliced tenderloin with veggies in a sauce was the description. I looked great but the first bite revealed that it certainly didn't appear to be tenderloin and that it had gone bad. It was awful. Couldn't eat any. We both tried and we both had the same response. The waitress was hard to find. Don't know where she kept going but with only 3 tables I thought she might be more present.
When she came with our boxes to go, we said we didn't need one for the beef, it was bad. She asked us if the chef could make us something else but now we were full and we had been waiting. We politely said no thanks. She took our plates and disappeared again. She returned another 7 minutes later and said the chef ate the meat and said it was fine. Did he eat it off our plate? I cannot imagine, I certainly would not have done that but she said yes, and it was fine. They did not take it off the bill, which we did not ask them to do. But when she asked if the chef could make something else, I wonder if we would have been charged. Hmm. Never offered dessert.
Poor service, fair food, fair atmosphere…maybe we caught them on a bad night but we won't hurry back this decade.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Easy walk from convention center. Lunch buffet was just okay. Price was right and food was cooked in small batches so it was fresh. Soda came in a can with a cup of ice.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had not been to Ping's (or to MPLS) in nearly 10 years but was delighted to find that Pings is still fantastic. The food is the best chinese food I have had at any U.S. restaurant, and this includes San Francisco, where I go frequently. The service was very friendly and each and every dish was delicious and fully flavoured. I don't know why there is not a line out the door!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The lunch buffet is excellent. Been here many times. One bothersome thing is the dirty ladies room. Makes me wonder what condition the kitchen is in.............