“Lively night spot and evening dinner”

Pepito's Tex-Mex Bar and Grill
Ranked #788 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Lively night spot and evening dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Awesome large bar area and comfy waiting sofas. Margaritas do the job and the food is good. Queso dip recommended.

Visited November 2013

Minneapolis
“The worst”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We ended up in the neighborhood for happy hour, and websites pointed us this way. Proves what idiots post reviews (yep, get the irony).

Wait staff did not have a clue about happy hour. Couldn't find a menu. Tried to describe happy hour specials. Completely inaccurate. Messed up our drinks. Brought us something in food that was not even close to the described version. It was edible but only edible. Then she went for plates, it took literally 11 minutes, I timed it, for her to return with plates, which by that time our barely edible appetizers were greasy blobs. The place was dirty, unkempt. Really? I will never return. Can't imagine anyone would.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Barbeque on Fajitas Wasn't my Idea of Good”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went here to use a gift card. It was nearly two years old so I was thankful it was still good. Bonus points for the atmosphere. We sat outside on a beautiful day. They have valet parking or you can park just around the block in the neighborhood. Fajitas are one of our favorites. These didn't measure up. I wasn't a fan of barbeque sauce on the chicken - although you can get them without the sauce (She didn't tell that to us until after our meal.) It made me suspicious that they were hiding something, which couldn't be true because it's on the menu that way. The waitress says their BBQ sauce is very popular and they sell more than 100 bottles of it per week. The meal comes with chips. Sauce options are mild or hot. Hot is really hot! - and we like hot. We were given a choice of two sides with the fajitas. We got the salad and ordered black beans, but got rice. It as a busy evening for them. The food was expensive ($40 fajitas for two and no drinks) and was sub-par from our taste view point. We would not go back. If I received another gift card, I may used it as a stocking stuffer, donation to charity or secret Santa exchange.

• Visited August 2013
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Been going here all my life”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been going to Pepitos about once a year for most of my life. I have never had a bad expierence there. The chips are the best (why arent they completely free anymore, that is disappointing). I always get the chicken burrito. Some of the portions are rather large, so ask first if you are concerned. Its a cute touch that they put the name of famous people who have sat in your booth before you. Go early on weekends because you will have to wait if you go during peak eating times. There is usually parking around the block on restidential streets if you want to park yourself, they also have a valet.

• Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Needs upgrading”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Pepitos this past weekend. We've been going since the late 70's however, sadly I doubt we will continue.
The place is far from clean anywhere. Makes me wonder what the kitchen is like. I believe the owner has lost interest . This could again be a successful spot should some attention be given to it.
We had a waitress who, I hate to say was a total airhead. She gave us chips and sauce with no napkins. After bringing our food we had to wait for utinsils. I ordered two enchiladas with extra sauce. It arrived with very little sauce let alone extra sauce. They charge for anything extra. I ordered sour cream which was very small and was charged ,75 for it. They are nickling and diming their customers. At the prices they charge extras within reason should be free. They bring a very small bowl of chips and charge for a refill. Chips are cheap.
In light of all this we won't go back. Too many other good Mexican restaurants in town.

• Visited June 2013