“Great Mexican food.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband can't live with out the spicy pork enchiladas. I'm addicted to the queso, tacos (they have a twist, with a chopped pickle relish, it's amazing), and the mexican baked potatoe is really good too. If you get the potatoe, ask for a side of the pickle relish, it really makes the dish. Margaritas and Sangria are good too. I think this is my favorite restaurant in the city!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were in Minneapolis for a Vikings game and were meeting my sister and brother-in-law for dinner. The hotel's concierge suggested Pepitos when I asked for a local neighborhood spot with a relaxed atmosphere.
Pepitos in located in a neighborhood of older brick homes. The location just had a neat feel to it and we were wishing we'd had time to go back later to spend more time in the shopping area around the restaurant.
Our server was friendly but not the most attentive. We didn't necessarily care about that because we were really there to talk and relax. It ended up being okay that she didn't come back very often to see if we wanted more beers because I believe a draw was $7, more than a pitcher of beer in my hometown. Maybe that's standard for the big city.
The menu states that a basket of chips and salsa are complimentary for every 2 people. We had one basket of chips, not quite full, and a bowl of hot sauce and one mild sauce. The salsa was just okay but the chips were warm. I liked that.
I ordered the Mexican pizza. It was small but good. I'd definitely order it again.
The tables all have metal plaques indicating famous people who had dined there and sat at each table. Our table had been visited by Rosanne Barr and several Minnesota Vikings.
As we were leaving, we wanted to have our picture taken with my sister and brother-in-law. There were 2 employees hanging by the door. They seemed to be there in some official capacity. Across the street we noticed a sign that said, "Free Valet Parking for Pepitos," so maybe that was their role. Anyway, one of them took our photo for us and seemed happy to do so.
Speaking of parking, we were there at 7:00 on a busy Saturday night and got a place mere steps from the front door!
Overall, the atmosphere and location of Pepitos made it a great place to spend time. I could see myself hanging out there if I lived in Minneapolis. It seems like the ideal spot to watch college football and enjoy a few beverages . . . if you can get a server to return to see if you need another beverage.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

When you're in the mood for some spicy carne asada and a tall frosty cerveza, looking no further. Excellent menu offerings and plenty of bar options. Great place to hang out!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Let me start by saying I've been going to Pepito's since the 80's. Last year we had them cater our sons graduation party - Fantastic. We've gone there for dinner a couple of times since and left wondering what happened the quality they used to have. We went to Pepito's for Sunday brunch this past weekend - I don;t think I'll ever go back. The food was so spicy hot we could hardly eat it and we LIKE spicy food. We usually ask for the super spicy salsa - that's what they had out for regular salsa and the rest of the food was sub par. We wondered if one of the cooks got fired and this was his way to get revenge. A lady at the next table was gasping because of the level of heat - they were also regulars at Pepito's. The serving staff didn't seem interested that there may have been an issue. Both the corn and flour tortillas were stone cold in there red warming containers. It was just weird and sad all at the same time.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our 1st visit, kids loved it. Awesome fresh margaritas, mole was great, hot salsa was tasty. Would eat there again next time we are in the cities.