“Lunch with Family”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed November 29, 2016

We thought we would take the kids for a treat to Annie's Parlour since it was a nice day and we had enjoyed most of our Thanksgiving leftovers. First of all the place was not very clean, our motz. sticks were cold and not very fresh. Then our server brought out the wrong order so we sat with our french fries and no burgers. When our hamburgers arrived they were not very hot and not very good either. The french fries were good but again on the cold side. Service was to be desired. We will not be going back. I think Five Guys is better!!

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (177)

Reviewed November 27, 2016

It pains me to write this review.
Just ate at Annie's tonight (Nov 27, 2016) after going to the Univ of Minnesota Marching Band indoor concert, which was fabulous!

First the positive: The food at Annie's was very good. Our waitress was courteous and hard working.

Now the negative: We waited for nearly ONE HOUR for our food order.
We parked on the street outside the restaurant. Plugged the meter for 1 hour, 15 minutes thinking that would be plenty of time. After a short 5 minute wait, we were seated. Add 5 minutes to get our drink order and order food. My son ordered a California Burger, my wife ordered a Mushroom Cheeseburger and I ordered a plain hamburger. Add a full order of onion rings and we were good to go. We sat and sat and sat and sat, waiting for our food. Long story short; we got our food with about 10 minutes left on the meter. I ate my burger in 5 minutes and hurried to the car to plug the meter if needed. My wife had a similar experience (long wait for her food) 4 weeks ago, so this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

As I said above, the food was very good as was our waitress.. Unfortunately, the food took so long to get, we will not be returning any time soon.
Perhaps the sign on the front door, looking to hire a cook, should have been warning enough.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 27, 2016

it looked interesting so we went. you can sit outdoors or in, we sat outdoors. the food was good but we waited a bit before being asked for our order and they were not that busy. im guessing sitting inside would have gotten us faster service. its one of those hole in the wall places that has good food but dont look around much and most places like this are this way, you know kinda not so clean.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Annie's is a second floor walk up, so if you are not hungry when you arrive, you should be by the time you climbed the stairs and waited in line on a busy night. The burgers were good, but the fries need to drain more before serving. Everyone had malts, which are good, but should be ordered early to avoid a wait. Decor is old school and the beer selection could be upgraded to tap rather than all bottles, but I will return.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Stopped by after a college visit. Large portions. One shake could be split between two. The large plate of fries could feed 4. Had the special which was great. I would set the price category at $$.

Date of visit: October 2016