“Milkshakes and Burgers”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Ate at Annies many times, every time I am in Twin Cities I try to stop here at least once. Good burgers and fries and excellent milkshakes (my favorite one is coffee flavored) and malts. I am not a big fan of onion rings, but have heard they are good too. Simple and inexpensive, yet very enjoyable.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (177)

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Every time we visit MN we always make a point to come here. The food was good as always but tonight was our last night in town until next year. Our food was wonderful but the service was terrible. We waited 5-10mins before our server ever came to our table. The young fella commented on my shirt thinking it was a Donald Trump shirt (which wasn't). Not to mention who I choose to support or vote for doesn't concern him. I think political stuff should be kept outside of work. He never refilled our drinks. He spilled some of our milkshake on the table etc Wasn't very friendly. It just wasn't great service. We didn't get a "thank you" or "come back and see us". Just an unpleasant last visit before we leave tomorrow.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

This place is a cute little hole in the wall diner. Their burgers were fantastic and had amazing shakes. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 7, 2016

We stopped in after 9:00 pm last week. It had been a number of years since we were last at Annie's. The burgers are still quite good as are the malts and shakes. Our waiter was either really snarky trying to be funny or just plain snarky...it was hard to tell. The onion rings were awesome, the fries however were so salty that nobody could finish them. The small sundae was very yummy but it came in this small ice cream dish so that three scoops were hanging over the edge. Then the syrup came in a tiny little plastic cup. We had to ask for a bowl and another cup of syrup in order to eat it.
Noise level was fine except for the very loud band below. Also - make note - there is no elevator. Stairs could use another light or two.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 29, 2016

So... Once upon a time a punk, pain in the rear young man came to the Twin Cities to study computer Science from Hawaii... he was average in ever way. Average height, average intellect, below average academic potential (laughing) because he was 17 (graduated early, wasn't mature enough to start college... was distracted very easily by pretty young women, joined a fraternity, hated Computer Science and cold weather... man, the list could go on for days...)

Needless to say, this wasn't the kind of story that ends well for our Hero.... I dropped out of the University (no hard feelings, Golden Gopher... really...) and I joined the Marine Corps... which removed me from artic-like winters and endless days and nights of math, physics and computer programming... Trust me, death was a welcome change from the experience that I was having (not the University's fault... they were nice enough and well-structured for people who deal with nice and structure well... for the rest of us, there's the Marine Corps... LOL).

So, why am I writing this review? Simple. The best memories that I have from my times in Minnesota all revolve around a generous monster of a cheeseburger, a more generous mound of fresh fried French fries served with chives and sour cream and the best Blueberry Malts that have ever been made by human hands.

What does a 20 year Veteran of the Armed Forces have to say about Annie's Parlour? Well, there have been many times over the course of my career that I have been tired, hungry, beat down, almost broken and feeling like there was little hope... and each time, when I was about to lose faith, give up and allow defeat to sink it's claws into my carcass... I remembered that it wasn't as bad as being in Minnesota during the winter... and then after laughing a little bit and picking myself up, I would get slightly nostalgic over the best experiences during the darkest times in my life... and the one positive thing that I always could latch onto was... You guessed it: Annie's Parlour... (okay, there was also a place called "Al's Breakfast"... but predominantly it was Annie's Parlour)

Look, it's been awhile since I have been to Annie's... I only go when I go back to visit family... which is usually every three or four years... but there has been no change in quality, quantity, service or ambience... that's pretty much when you know that you are doing things right.

I don't know about you, Minneapolis, but if I were you, I'd be there right now... with Blueberry Malt in hand and waiting patiently for a big, beautiful, juicy cheeseburger and the best fries I've ever had...

Cheers to you Annie's and your faithful service all these years!

Date of visit: June 2015