TripAdvisor

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have now been to Annie's on every trip that I have made to the University of Minnesota to visit my daughter. However, my review is still limited because there are only 2 things that I order from the menu: Hand-cut French Fries and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Malt. In fact, my daughter and I split a half order of the fries and a single malt. It is enough food to fill up both of us. Their french fries are so fresh that they remind me of when I was young and my mom still made homemade fries. The malts are served in classic soda shop glasses with long spoons. One malt is enough to fill up 2 glasses and still have some left over. This is a great place.

One consideration for parent or grandparent visitors is that the restaurant is actually up a tall flight of stairs, so you may want to keep that in mind if you have trouble with steps. But there is a nice view of downtown Minneapolis skyline, especially if the weather is nice enough to eat outside.

Date of visit: April 2012
Write a reviewReviews (181)

Reviewed February 6, 2012

You'll find Annie's on the University of Minnesota campus. Therefore you will see many college kids there. However, there were other aged groups and there is a kids menu. The hand cut fries are amazing and the malts are delicious. It's not that cheap. The burgers could use a little work, but oh well. I crave those fries!

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great patio seating, nice view, fun neighborhood, yummy malts, decent food.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Memories...have been going here since I was a little girl. In annex of building of dinkytown on U of MN campus. Great burger joint and they still have a juke box!! The deluxe grilled cheese is the best with bacon and three types of cheese. You can share a basket of fries. Don't miss the malts/shakes.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you want a good malt this is the place to go...
not expensive,