“Great authentic Persian market and food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caspian Bistro & Marketplace

Caspian Bistro & Marketplace
Ranked #743 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Plover, Wisconsin
“Great authentic Persian market and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I could've browsed the market for hours. Wonderful place to get all you need to cook Persian food. Enjoyed the restaurant for a great dinner. Very friendly staff and excellent food and service. Would drive the 4 hours to Minneapolis just to eat and shop here!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Very nice Persian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

I enjoyed the atmosphere and received good service. My food was excellent. My wife wanted a burger, but they were out. She is not too adventurous when it comes to new foods, so the waitress helped her find a substitute. It was good, but not on par with their main dishes. This is a wonderful place for somebody wanting to sample Persian/middle eastern food, but maybe not the best place for somebody who is not too adventurous when it comes to new foods, although the staff were accommodating. TripAdvisor says the average price is about $20, but there were plenty of dishes where you could eat for less and you still get plenty to eat. Overall, it was a very good experience.

1 Thank GBL67
Minnesota
“Food Great, Service Had Some "Unique" Aspects”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

We had lunch here recently. A co-worker who had a taste for Persian dishes got us to do a trip from the office. We had reviewed menus and where eager to try the place. We were able to park in their large lot at the back of the building. Signage for the place in the front along busy University Ave is extremely lacking. Due to the weather and the "U" being out for the summer we got seating easily.

Initial service was fast and we started with a Feta Cheese sample plate. The plate came with a large amount of pita bread, nuts, various veggies including garlic and olives. I noticed on the way to the table the server allowed someone to closely examine our plate. I presumed it was a server in training, because the person was dressed a lot like our server and really checked this dish over! We enjoyed this opening item very much when it arrived at our table after its side trip and inspection. Later, I was not sure if the person who eyed our dish was a staff member but was instead another customer.

We each ordered a different main dish - a burger with fries in a pita; gyros in a wrap; and Khoresh e Gheimeh , which is a stew like dish as the third. This third dish is a specialty and contains limes, onions, rice, meat and several other flavorful items. The gyros, the fries arrived with no drama. The burger was a bit late in arriving but it was my stew that was to provide the main drama of our lunch.. Problems started when the server brought the rice for my stew like dish but then grabbed both my stew (which I had been tasting) and took it and the rice to another table for the guests at that table to look at! My mouth was opened in shock and I was stunned but my dish returned to my table after the tour it had been taken upon and I said nothing to my over-eager server. My friend who ordered the burger asked for ketchup and that request had to be repeated again before we got any.

Eating the food was a pure joy. We all enjoyed our dishes and service was great in terms of re-filling beverages. We handled with humor the picking-up of my dish and showing it off to another table, but I did not tip as much as I would have had this not happen. We skipped dessert. The price points are a little high for lunch in this area but the portions and flavors are great! The decor is okay. Located near the new "U football stadium, this place deserves a try.

1 Thank MNCondoDude
southern california
“decent middle eastern food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

Ate hear for a conference dinner. All food was pre-ordered. The usual humus, baba ganough, kifta, kabobs, rice, pita, grape leaves, and baklava and dates for dessert. Everything came on big platters. It was good food, but pretty standard fare, nothing special for this type of cuisine. Given the choices near campus though I'd say this is one of the better places.

1 Thank businesstraveller2
Saint Paul
“perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

if you like persian middle eastern food.. this is the best place to be...