“Great for Indian”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Opposite W Hotel Foshay Tower
Description: Bombay Bistro Where you find uncompromising, excellent food quality consistently prepared with passion & experience by our Chef Malti Mehta.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visited the Bombay Bistro twice during my stay in Minny. I enjoyed the quality Indian food which was delicious and plentiful. The restaurant is comfortable and relaxing; but not pretentious. Great value for prices. Watch out for the samosas they are about twice the size of those you would get elsewhere. One serving of two samosas is more than plenty for two. The vegetable Thali was great - the prawns in the curry I ordered were quite small; but that would be the only complaint I had. Good place for a lunch buffet or menu selections for dinner. Located near the Nicollet Mall and Target Field. Would recommend.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have never seen a staff look so baffled by customers. At least the food is good and they had options for my vegan friend.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Service was ok, not overly great. Papadams were stale with limited options for chutney etc. Lamb vindaloo and rice were tasteless. I've definitely had better.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

So I read the reviews, and thought to myself maybe service is bad but can live with it ( should have known better). So I went there this evening walked in looking for a hostess to seat me down. There was nobody, a few waiters floating around but they did not care that a customer was waiting. Finally, I asked a waiter once then a second time and he went in and asked someone and comes back and tells me I will have to wait for 20 mts. Note there were tables available and did not care whether I stayed or went. I ofcourse decided not to wait given the very poor service welcoming a customer. I don't think I missed much as I am sure the food might be bad given some of the reviews.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great food but small portions. The sampler appetizers were very good, but I expected more quantity for something called sampler. All the entrees also came in small bowls (too small for the price, I think). The naan was delicious especially when right out of the oven. Highly recommend the lamb or chicken cilantro - amazing. The kheer & gulab jamun were also very tasty. We thought the service was good. We had a few people in the group who had never had Indian food and some others who do not eat spicy, so the waitress was helpful figuring out what they should order.