“Many choices”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Each of the 3 of us had delicious meals. Very good vegetarian choices since each diner can choose their protein. As one Reviewer wrote the restaurant ambiance wasn't stellar, but we came for the food. The restaurant is not on street level, the signs clearly directed us to the lower level. We found parking in the rear. The neighborhood is not the suburbs,; it's a neighborhood called Eat Street filled with a variety of ethnic restaurants. We enjoy trying new places that serve foods we did not grow up with. The potstickers we started with were delicious and started our dining out with great flavors. We will definitely go again!

There are newer reviews for Evergreen Taiwanese Restaurant

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great mock-everything. Great for mixed vegetarian & meat eater groups. We love eating here.

It is lacking in ambiance but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We ate here during a recent stay in Minneapolis. Please don't eat here. It looks like lots of folks gave it 4 and 5 stars. I can eat just about anything, anywhere. I gave it 2 stars, and I recommend you do not eat here. It is located downstairs in a rough neighborhood. We were afraid to go downstairs, wondering what we might find. The furniture is cheap looking; I ordered Almond Chicken, and I did not recognize what part of the chicken my chicken pieces came from!?! I'm sorry, I did not enjoy this restaurant at all. Sorry Evergreen.

1  Thank poprinprin
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Evergreen restaurant allows me to eat all the Chinese meals I miss since becoming a vegetarian. With mock chicken, beef, pork and shrimp options, you will never run out of entrees to try (my favorite is the lemongrass mock beef). Just make sure that you don't drive through the little road between the Evergreen and the store next door. Those people are kind of jerks and will come out and yell at you if you access the parking lot via that road (turning off of Nicollet). Go around the block and access through alley.

All things considered, this is one of my favorite restaurants. Also, if your dining companion is a carnivore, there are plenty of yummy real meat options as well.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is very good, especially for vegetarians as they have quite the range of fake meat options that are very very tasty. The menu is huge, service fast, a good find. I recommend take-out, however, as the space itself isn't all that appealing. It's clean and somewhat comfortable, just feels like a cafeteria with the bright lights and spare tables.