“Oktoberfest was wonderful!”

Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit
Reserve with OpenTable
Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I picked this place randomly as a place to meet up with family from out of town for a fun evening. It did not disappoint! Huge Tents were erected for this amazing festival. Everything required a token to purchase everything which worked out well until after 8 when the crowds became large and the lines grew longer. One token ($6) purchased a heavy glass collectible beer stein and there were many options for German beverages and foods. Good festive music. You would need to be there early for a place to sit at the long picnic tables. Many guests and wait staff wore German outfits that added to the fun atmosphere. The restaurant was packed as well, and we didn't eat there but would definitely like to one day. I hope to make it back for Octoberfest next year. Lots of multigenerational families were there together.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I stopped to eat here during Oktoberfest and the astmosphere was unbelievable - what a celebration. The food was great and the server was very good. Wasn't the first time we have been here and will not be our last. You have to have the snuff shot and the apple shot at the end of the meal.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great environment but TERRIBLE bland food. I had the Trio Plate and this was the worst Lobster I ever had. I might go back there but only for the drinks and environment, definitely not for the food

1  Thank Suzu T
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Way more food than I could even think of finishing.Everyone was friendly. The food, beer and entertainment was great.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food, the music, the singing and polka dancing afterwards was fabulous and beyond my expectations. I think it put my kids (adults who live in different parts of the country) in touch with their German roots. And I had an opportunity to teach my grand daughter and daughters-in-law how to polka. The food is genuine German cooking, there's a selection of imported beers and the couple visiting each table to lead the singing are super. Just a great boisterous fun-filled German dinner experience. Don't miss it!