“Reliable and friendly”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Reliable and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have breakfast every Thursday at Egg & I. Why? First off - the staff is friendly and over the years have come to be like family. Second, though I rarely order the omelets, when I do they are great. Their breakfast specials are a bargain. If I can just make one criticism, the oatmeal leaves a lot to be desired.
For lunch, think more like late breakfast or good yummy greasy spoon. I love the Rueben, although it is nothing like I would expect in a New York deli.
Overall, it feels like home and is very affordable.

Visited June 2014

“Staw Away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We picked this breakfast place solely based on the TripAdvisor reviews, and it was a HUGE mistake!

The first impression, the tables had a lot of ancient stains that have worked their way through the table and were quite gross. Next came the coffee in glass cups which were dirty at best.

The food came in in plates that were chipped and had cracks, and worst of all it was cold. I do not know who would like his breakfast eggs cold. At least I do not.

I like the "vintage" feel of the restaurants but I do not think this set up has anything to do with it. A truly waste of time and money. Will never try or recommend!

• Visited April 2014
Richfield, Minnesota
“Way to start the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The skillet breakfast is fantastic. Be sure to order a caramel roll too. Large and tasty. Staff very friendly and refill the coffee cup often.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank redhatter44
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Brunch on New Year's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Food is great - typical diner type food. I had lunch but everyone else had breakfast. Server was attentive even though it was very busy - we got our food quickly. We go back regularly.

• Visited January 2014
Wisconsin, United States
“great relaxing breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

sat outside on patio. service was great, food was great, coffee was great. prices average for uptown breakfast. very relaxing. I will be going back.

• Visited September 2013