“Very good rolls and sashimi”
Review of Fuji Ya

Fuji Ya
Ranked #230 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garfield
Transit: Lake Street bus lines, Lyndale Avenue bus lines. Take train to Lake Street station, connect to any west bound Lake Street bus 11 blocks to Lyndale.
Axel, The Netherlands
“Very good rolls and sashimi”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular in this place. I consider it the best place to eat sashimi in Minneapolis. Wherever I go, Fuyi Ha is my reference for Japanese food outside Japan. It is expensive but that does not stop me to return.

minneapolis
“Doesn't live up to her mother's original Fuji Ya Downtown by the Mississippi, but quite good”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The original Fuji Ya was the first place I ever tasted Japanese cuisine -- tempura and table side grilling and tepanyaki. Loved the view of our mighty river, loved the traditional seating areas. Never understood why the city forced her out of the site that still, I believe, sits empty years later.
We'd heard that the daughter of the original owner had opened a new Fuji Ya, but didn't get to dine there until it had been around for awhile. While the sushi and rolls that night were very good, the entrees were not outstanding. I particularly wanted to try entrees that I'd enjoyed at the first Fuji Ya. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen, but the sweetness was too sweet, the savory, wasn't, and sauce textures weren't light and smooth.
This restaurant has been open for quite some time, so we will give it another try. But Minneapolis has many great sushi and Asian eateries, so we will not rush back.

Visited April 2012
Saint Paul, MN
“Mmmmmm!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been going to Fuji Ya since it was located on the river in Minnepolis. Great tempua, love the sushi, sukiyaki, and the Yakiniku (I believe this used to be called Bulgogi). Have a glass of Plum wine or sake, sit back and enjoy!

Visited March 2012
minnesota
“nice lunch.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friend and I went for lunch. The pricing was reasonable for fresh suchi in the midwest. I grew up on the ocean, so I tend to be picky when it somes to fresh fish. We enjoyed the meals and felt the price was reasonable.

Visited February 2012
Lake Benton, Minnesota
“Fish was just OK”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I love to go out for sushi so we have gotten to know good fish from bad. We had a lunch sampler of different fish and we weren't overly impressed with any of it. Normally good tuna practically melts in your mouth, but this was just ok. We did have one thing that was really good, it was their winter roll. That I would go back for! The service was very good and prompt. Like I said it was OK, but not the best sushi I have ever had.

• Visited September 2012