“Fun vibe, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,794 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Caribbean, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Lake Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun vibe, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

For years I have come here for the Tacos Morelianos which is a huge platter with all kinds of different meats, sauces, and cheeses. I cant seem to order anything else...however the last time I was there I tried the sushi and was excited to find that they actually have pretty darn good sushi here! I figured they are already trying to do too many types if food the sushi can't possible be that good. Well I was wrong. The vibe here is fun and ultra hip, a great place to go for a night out with friends. My only complaint is the music can sometimes be a little overbearingly loud.

• Visited October 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great selection, ambiance, but get there early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The menu was very interesting and had great variety without sacrificing quality.
Service was solid we were seated right away on a Friday evening around 7:15 or so and if we would have waited another 20 minutes we'd have been waiting all night. It got crowded quickly.
The decor was unique and had a cool lounge feel to it.
The food was king though and I won't go into 15 paragraphs to tell what I ordered. In short, it was fresh, delicious, and suitable portions.

If I were visiting Minneapolis again I'd definitely check this place out again!

• Visited October 2013
Columbus, Nebraska
“Interesting delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

What a fun place this is! The menu is fascinating and everything we tried was delicious. The drinks are also interesting and delicious. We tried food from Cuba, Brazil, and The Caribbean. Everything is served family style so it's great to try different things. Can't wait to go back! It was a bit pricey but there are happy hour deals if you plan your visit at the right time.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Equator Foods - Less Continents”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was told this restaurant focused on foods from cultures that are along the equator - not sure if that's true - didn't see anything remotely african on the menu. That being said, the food was tasty, and the environment funky. The restaurant is physically HUGE - spanning two floors. Walking through it on a Saturday night felt like a scene out of a current-day miami vice (really no idea why) - the crowd was very chic and edgy, and people appeared to have a good time all around.

The food was fun - great selection and despite having a fairly compact menu, there was tons to choose from for everyone. As a note: our waitress suggested two entrees, which I thought was not going to be near enough - and I was wrong - it was plenty of food. You can always order more, so don't over order!

I would recommend going.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank PlatinumStrider
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food, and electric atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

So many on a menu that is so unique. Strong recommend Chino for a dinner for 2 or a group of 12 for dinner.....Drinks were also great tasting

• Visited September 2013