“Really buzzy!”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,840 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Lake Street
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great staff, they make for great atmosphere. Interesting mix of food styles and great range on the menu. We had and realy liked Queso Fundido, garlic shrimp, and loads of skewers. Pineapple rum cake really worth trying.. Can get very busy and noise levels to match but for a fun night with beer or good cocktails and lots of life especially good for large group.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this place. The loaded fries are great. I love the tacos are always amazing. The service is good. Like that they have valet parking especially since finding parking in Uptown can be difficult. The music is loud, but still enjoyable place and like the atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Good:
- The food! We had 9 people, and split 3 entrees: the carne asada (twice) and the pork. They were both excellent - the guacamole in particular. We had a bunch of small plates, and the calamari really stands out as being first rate - not rubbery, well seasoned, with just the right amount of peppers. The wings were just Minnesota Spicy. I thought the Mongolian Beef was okay, but nothing incredible.
- Service was solid. Did a good job serving a large party; in particular, they did a good job keeping the table clear to allow for more food to be placed on the table.

The bad:
- LOUD! Would it kill you people to put a little sound-deadening material in there? Every surface is active, and because it's popular, my ears were ringing by the time we left. I wish more restaurant owners would wise up to the fact that popular places don't need to amplify the energy level; it's already full and plenty loud. I would like to hear myself think.
- Crowded, even at 7:30 on a Wednesday. We would have had a long wait if not for a reservation.
- Family style service meant that things come out unevenly; if someone at the table has dietary restrictions, and their food comes out later, they get to sit there and watch everyone else eat.
- The drinks (I'm looking at you, Blackberry Mojito) are overrated. The Dark & Stormy was competent.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have never had a bad experience at Chino Latino. The food and service are excellent. The drinks are a little pricey but they are good and there is an interesting variety.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been going to Chino Latino ever since I moved to the Minneapolis area, and I have never been disappointed with the food or service. Definitely get reservations - the restaurant fills up VERY QUICKLY. Also, the more "crazy" food on the menu is much better than the typical food found on many menus across the Twin Cities. I recommend this place to all of my friends - it's always a fun place with delicious food.