“Ribeye really was p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-a-l!”

Erte & The Peacock Lounge
Ranked #205 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Ribeye really was p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-a-l!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We dined here last Saturday evening with another couple. First off, I appreciate a restaurant that takes reservations and then seats you promptly. Erte did both. It was our first time here so when we walked into the large open dining room, I was a bit apprehensive that it would be very noisy; especially after I saw that we were seated 2 tables away from the 3 musicians performing in the back corner. The sound level and music were surprisingly soft and didn't require us to raise our voices to be heard. Three of the four of us had dietary restrictions and the waitress was knowledgeable about how things were prepared. The menu listed the 16 oz ribeye as p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-o-l so 2 of us ordered it. It was prepared to order and delicious! The lemon roasted cauliflower as a side was also a treat. I drink alot of water with my meals and my only complaint is that our server went awol once our food was delivered and my water glass was empty a few times. We had to call her over a few times to get more water. Other than that, it was a great meal and I would go back.

• Visited May 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“NE's Most Surprising Bar”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is arguably my favorite spot for a more upscale drink in the neighborhood. We went in last night for a couple of good, strong cocktails. The bartenders are friendly and the room is beautiful (however, very loud when it fills up). We got our tab and I thought they only charged us for one drink. $9.37 for two cocktails? It was happy hour on Saturday until 7pm! Now that I have that information, I may become a regular.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank YelpSucks
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Dining with Al Capone!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have eaten here a few times and have always had a wonderful experience. The large room reminds me of the 1930 ganster era. The waiters are professional and friendly. The starter plate for each table is sooo good. The shortribs are my favorite. Our selections change depending on the time of year. Erte is fun in the summer but we enjoy the warmth of the place during the cold winter. Parking is on the street. Reservations are needed on weekends, not on week nights. It is a quiet place to enjoy a conversation or romantic night out.

Princeton, Minnesota
“Nordeast MPLS treasure”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Met with another couple on Friday night to catch up latest travels, adventures, etc... This is a great place. My first time here started with Happy Hour in Peacock Lounge. Great drinks, nice atmosphere. Headed to restaurant and seated with no rush to order as we were busy chatting. Nice waitress helped with selections, both in food and wine. Excelent walleye, crab cakes, steak and sides. Ample portions served hot and with great flavor. Music was a real treat as it started, not intrusive in our conversations. Will return as soon as possible.

Circle Pines, Minnesota
“Old Fashioned Excellence!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Don't let the outside appearance of the restaurant fool you. While the bar area and service can be average (although a diverse selection of martinis), the dining room is more upscale with excellence service and evening musical entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays - with fabulous food.
We attend this local restaurant as a group of couples, with diverse eating habits (vegetarian and special allergies) and find something that everyone enjoys. The cheese platter for an appetizer, the risotto dish for the vegetarian and the P H E N O M E N A L (as advertised!) ribeye steak (thick cut, cooked to perfection) are just samples of the menu. The restaurant also has a nice selection of wines available.
In addition to main table seating, the restaurant contains a nice side room which will comfortably hold up to 20 people, can be adjusted for mood lighting, and the entertainment can still be heard as background atmosphere.
The service has always been excellent from the serving staff in the dining area, with each supporting the other to ensure our needs our met and in a timely fashion. We recommend seating and eating in the dining area however, as the servers in the bar area have not been attentive or timely for any of our visits.