“Average food, slow service”

Erte & The Peacock Lounge
Ranked #214 of 1,812 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis
“Average food, slow service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can only hope this was and off night for the restaurant. We got seated right away and served water. My wife ordered ice tea and I ordered a wine after our waitress returned. She said she would be back right away to get our order. 20 minutes later she returned to take our order. The hostess came by 40 minutes later asked us how our food was. I told her we did not receive anything yet. She went to check with the kitchen. 1 hour 15 minuted later we got our food. I got the special Halibut and my wife got Walleye. I wont be writing home to mom to tell how good it was, it was average at best. Not what I would expect for $64 not including tip. On a bright note they did offer us a free dessert.

• Visited August 2013

minneapolis
“Funky foodie joint!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food fit for any foodie! Good wine and beer list and great atmosphere. We really enjoyed ourselves with a relaxing meal. Great service! Our water glasses were always full. We never felt forgotten. 2 meals with 2 glasses of wine and salads $50+ tip.

Climate comfortable inside, which was a nice surprise since it is an older building, but we were toasty warm.

Make reservations!

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tres Chic!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

One of the best Happy Hours in the area has got to be at The Peacock Lounge at Erte Restaurant. And luckily, it's on my way home from work which means I've turned into a regular. Monday-Saturday, 4-7 p.m.: $2 off cocktails, beers, and appetizers and $1 off wine.

You can read the full review on the Minneapolites blog here:

But here's the short summary for you:
Northeast Chic. The exposed brick speaks to the historic neighborhood it's in, while its rich colors and bright metal bar top give off a theatrical, European feel. The Lounge always has a great mix of people as well.

My favorite. Seriously - the best.bartenders.around.

Presentation
Since The Peacock Lounge is a part of the reputable Erte Restaurant, you get some beautiful presentation on with all of your drinks and food.

Taste
Alex and I get the nachos almost every time we go for happy hour. The spicy sour cream with that black bean cake are the perfect mix. It's filling and delicious. I'd also recommend the Crab Cakes or Smoked Chicken Quesadilla if you're looking for some appetizers.

Value for Dollars
I still can't believe you can go to a place this chic and pay $2 for a beer. No wonder I'm there once a week!

Visited December 2012
Minnesota
“Our Go-To Fave”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is amazing. It's romantic, great for groups and never disappoints. The food is awesome, the staff lovely, and the free music on the weekend is classy. We love the food - and you really can't beat the value.
And after dinner, head to the Peacock Lounge for a special cocktail. It's a great bar. If you can't tell, we really love this place.

Visited March 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and went here recently for an early (6 p.m.) dinner on a Friday night. The service was excellent - attentive but not overbearing. The steaks were just as we ordered and delicious. Around 7 there was live music - light jazz.

• Visited January 2013