“Join the crowd of fans who love Vincent--it'll be good for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vincent - A Restaurant - CLOSED

Vincent - A Restaurant
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th & Nicollet
Transit: 11th or 12th and Nicollet
Minneapolis, MN
“Join the crowd of fans who love Vincent--it'll be good for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

How do you become a staple of the Minneapolis Restaurant's scene? (Clue: no, it's not just location, location, location--although it does help). In my humble opinion, it is simply consistency. What makes "Vincent, A Restaurant" a repeat destination is not just that the restaurant serves authentic French dishes that are prepared in the best of traditions with quality ingredients, or even the occasional exotic pairing of spices and sauces, what makes it one of the best restaurants in town, is that you'll never be disappointed by sharing an appetizer among friends, having a business lunch or enjoying a romantic or celebration dinner. And better yet, neither will be the friends or guests that you're hoping to gently impress. I have been enjoying Vincent's cuisine for more than a decade (when he moved from the renowned "Le Bernardin" in NY to cook at the defunct "Café, 1,2,3" located in the Foshey Tower), and I can only think of a couple of Twin-Cities' Chefs that have continuously provided quality dining (Tim McKee is another one). When friends tell me they haven't been at Vincent yet, I underplay it and simply say: "good, you have something to look forward to." And I have never had a friend telling me they didn't truly enjoy their experience.

1 Thank G0urmet

Minneapolis
“My favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

I have been to Vincent probably two dozen times in the last several years. I go for special occasions, as it is a little pricey, but not when you consider the excellent quality of the food and service. I often try the specials, which never disappoint. The scallops are wonderful, the cassoulet hearty and authentic, the presentation is always artfully done, and the wine list offers quite decent buys. I have never been disappointed, and feel that the overall experience--an elegant urban ambience, terrific food, and service at a very high (friendly) level--is unbeatable.

Minneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I was very excited to come to Vincent for the first time. However, I was slightly let down by the food that I ordered. While the service and atmosphere were wonderful, I was not impressed by the quality of food, especially at the price that was being paid. It was not bad by any means, just not fantastic.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great happy hour with $5...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Great happy hour with $5 champagne cocktails and great prices on appetizers.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good Food with Very Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

Our hotel manager recommended Vincent as a very good restaurant a short walk from downtown hotels. We went last weekend in May. Unfortunately, all the outdoor seating was taken when we arrived and we didn't want to wait for a table. We had the prawns, which were large, and tasty. The service inside was very good. Maybe because we asked to speak to Vincent [he wasn't there at the time] as recommended by hotel mgr. Overall, a very nice experience in downtown Minneapolis.