“If the taste was as good as the presentation”
Review of Vincent - A Restaurant - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th & Nicollet
Transit: 11th or 12th and Nicollet
Excelsior, Minnesota
“If the taste was as good as the presentation”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The setting of white table clothes suggests elegant and romantic dining, that part is true. Each dish was beautifully presented. The steak tartare presentation was great if only the tartare was not half tomato so it seemed like raw beef with chili sauce. The cassoulet was a large dish of dried beans with no taste. The sauces in the tasting menu were excellent. The butternut squash soup was pretty and bland. The scallop was good. The lamb shank was more like old sheep. The dessert was less than stellar. Oh well you win some but not here.

• Visited March 2014

River Falls, Wisconsin
“Still Thinking About Our Dinner 2 Days Later”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I and our teenage son had dinner at Vincent on Friday evening before heading over to hear the Minnesota Orchestra across the street. Such a treat to have staff that are pros, on top of everything from the minute we walked in the door. Friendly greeting, took our coats, walked us to our table that was, yes, ready and waiting at the time we'd reserved, and waiter helped me find a cocktail I loved (St. Germain and sparking wine - perfect!) Favorite appetizer was the Alsatian flatbread -- a must! Seriously good! Our son tried the famous burger, I enjoyed the scallops, and my husband's beef filet was amazing (and I'm not a big fan of beef). A highlight is all the great side dishes -- fries are amazing (thin and crispy as a proper fry should be), brussel sprouts, and some amazing sweet potato gnocci. Best dessert was the Three Creams. A really lovely evening and a completely satisfying and delicious dinner. Bravo!

1 Thank travelplannermom
Minnesota
“Wonderful Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I went to Vincent for Valentine's Day and had a very nice experience. Although it was a very busy night for the restaurant, our waitress was attentive and excellent. We opted for the four course tasting menu paired with wines. She told us a little about each wine before every pour, and the wines went wonderfully with the food. There are some classic French dishes that I personally don't care for but my husband does.The nice thing about Vincent is there is something on the menu to suit everyone's taste. While I ordered the butternut squash soup, scallop, and rib eye, my husband chose the beet salad, black cod, and lamb. We both finished with the Louis IV cake, a delicious hazelnut crunch base topped with chocolate mousse and covered in ganache. The tasting menu portions are just right, so you don't feel stuffed when you leave and the wine pours are 2-3 ounces each so you don't have to worry about having too much to drink. Valet parking opens at 6 p.m.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One of our favorites for a special occasion”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

One of favorite restaurants any time we want to relive our trip to Bordeaux. Excellent use of local ingredients.

Minnesota
“an incredible experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Try the tasting menu. The monkfish is superb. The lamb is tender and flavorful. But, if you cannot decide, try the tasting menu. The wine-by-the-glass was not as good a buy as the decently priced bottles. And, by all means try the crème brulee and the crème taster. Overall, a gem of a place.