“Dinner On The Back Patio”
Review of Cafe Lurcat

Cafe Lurcat
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lurcat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We took some friends to this restaurant that were visiting from out of town. We were asked if we wanted to be seated in the back patio area. We had never dined on their back patio, and were presently surprised. If we would not have known it, we would have thought we were at a street café in Italy. The brick walled area was quite secluded and was very quiet, which was great so we could catch up with news from our friends. The food and service were excellent. It was one of the more enjoyable dining experiences we have had in this area. We could not have asked for more.

1  Thank DickBobG

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went to Cafe Lurcat for dinner on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed! Fine dining is one of our favorite hobbies and Cafe Lurcat exceeded our expectations. First, great ambience. It is a bigger place than I was expecting, but still felt very intimate. Second, the staff was awesome. Our waiter (upset that his name escapes me) really took the experience up a notch. He new the menu inside and out, including wines and cocktails. He was so much fun! Last, but not least, the food. Our fish was amazing. I think everyone at the table had chilean sea bass and it was some of the best we have ever tasted. Thanks to our waiter we enjoyed dinner with a perfect wine pairing. Can't wait to go back to Cafe Lurcat!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've heard great things about this place but probably wouldn't go back. We went for happy hour and it took about 15 minutes just for a server to acknowledge us. Then he brought my husband's drink and not mine (one of their tap beers). After waiting another 10 minutes our server had not come back at all. My husband flagged down a different guy who got me my beer. It was all pretty ridiculous for our first time being there. When our server did return he didnt even mention anything about my forgotten drink. We ended up not even ordering our apps since the people next to us didn't recommend what they had ordered.

I guess if they had been really busy (there was probably about 15people in the entire bar) or if the server was training I wouldn't have minded so much about waiting for a drink but overall it just felt like he could have cared less if we were there. We left after our one drink and won't return.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

If you want the best food and service of your life, this is where you need to eat. Well worth the price. You will neither need or want for a thing. Just go for it. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a wonderful meal. They offer a Sunday date night special. We had three people and they were willing to give the third person 1/2 of special for 1/2 of piece. Date night special included bottle of wine, appetizer or salad, choice of 5 entrees, and dessert. Dessert donuts are delicious. Service was good. They were attentive and friendly.