“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Description: Dong Hae is an upscale restaurant in downtown Minneapolis that serves authentic Korean cuisine along with delicious Japanese dishes.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I used a living social voucher to eat here over the weekend. The ambiance was quiet and the food was delicious! We ordered the spicy tiger shrimp for our appetizer and would highly recommend, although it wasn't very spicy. The Bento Dinner boxes were loaded with food and very tastey.

• Visited June 2013

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“She was my first”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It's been over 10 years since I was served my first platter of sushi. My california friend said it wasn't necessary for him being that he had eaten enough sushi back home for a lifetime. For me, each morsel was the best (and the first). For Dennis, he was in awe that we were finding top of the line sushi right here in Minneapolis. I've since been back a hundred times, not to mention many other transgressions at with other fine sushi establishments. Nami's still the best!

• Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great sushi”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Interesting place, good sushi. This sushi restaurant has ok prices, but good sushi. The location is nice, and everything we ordered was good. Decent happy hour.

Visited July 2012
Minneapolis, MN
“Good food, nice ambiance”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Nami with my wife on a Saturday night. The place is enormous and based on the number of other diners, probably way too large. That being said, the food was quite tasty, though not exceptional. The hostess tried to seat us in a weird booth directly next to the door. Probably the only seating area that lacked a street view but forced you to watch diners exiting and entering the restaurant. We asked for another seat and were quickly moved.

The seaweed salad appetizer was very zesty if a bit smallish. The mussels in a garlic sake broth were delicious. The broth was so good we wished they had included a bit of bread! I had the VIP sushi roll. Not sure where the name comes from but it was quite good. Again, Nami was pretty stingy with the wasabi portion. My wife had the rice bowl with beef and vegetables. The steaming bowl was accompanied by a dish of a spicy sauce which really worked well with the dish.

• Visited February 2013
Edina, Minnesota
“Great sushi”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nami's sushi is excellent, as good as we've found in the Cities. We covered the map -- aji, hotate, blue fin tuna, bream, uni, hamachi and a couple of others, plus several rolls (tiger and house rolls were both quite good). The blue fin, hotate and bream in particular were great. Nigiri are larger than other Cities sushi houses, but a little pricier as well. It was a slow night, so preparation time wasn't much of an issue, but I'm curious as to wait times on a weekend night when the demand is greater; the seating area and sushi bar are both huge. Not cheap, but really excellent sushi; be sure to check with your waiter for what they do and don't have on the "market" listing.

• Visited January 2013