“Great service”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: Washington Avenue North
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Monte Carlo has a throwback supper club vibe but what comes with that is great service and wonderful food. The outdoor patio has also become one of the nicer spaces in town.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had reservations at 7:15, got seated right away and ordered a couple of drinks and chicken wings appetizer. It took about 20 minutes to get our drinks, the waitress apologized saying the bar was busy. The Mojito we ordered tasted like sour lime and vodka. After that, the waitress disappeared until about 30 minutes later asking if we received our appetizers - which we had not yet received. She brought out the wings about 5 minutes later and
said they would be compensated due to the wait. They were hot with ok flavor, but dry coating-could have used a dipping sauce. When the wings arrived we asked if we could order dinner since we waited so long for the appetizer. Now, an hour and 50 minutes later with nobody checking in (after the prior blunders you would think they would be more attentive) we flagged down a bus boy and asked for the manager. The manager then appeared with our food and stated they were busy. Not only were we upset about the wait, my order was wrong - and the food was so bad I didn't eat it. I ordered a sandwich - bread was hard as a rock and the side wasn't what I ordered. The salad my spouse ordered was lettuce thrown on a plate with nothing but dressing on the side, his fish and chips were extremely salty. Although the manager paid for our meal - we will never return. Worst experience we ever had. I've never written a review before but felt people should know.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I came in for a glass of wine during a rainstorm in the afternoon. My husband is a Sikh and wears a baseball cap over his small turban (Punta). The bartender told my husband that male patrons were required to remove their hats, which my husband reluctantly did. A few minutes later a Caucasian man came in with a baseball cap on and was never asked to remove his. He was still in the establishment with his cap ON when we left. Disappointing in 2014

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place hasn't changed in decades. Normally, that would be a bad thing. But at the Monte, it is an awesome thing. From the waitresses dressed in black dresses with white aprons down to the decor, the Monte has stayed true to itself. The food is always good. And if you've never been there, you must order their chicken wings. Perhaps the best seasoned wings I've ever had! So much flavor! This place is a MUST!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

One of our favorite restaurants in Minneapolis is the Monte Carlo. It's one of the oldest buildings in "the warehouse district" with a history of being a continual restaurant for almost 100 years. The menu prices have a good range: want to spend a little? want to spend a lot? The choice is yours. We have a hard time passing up their pork chops - to die for! There's always enough to take home too. Wait staff is professional and dressed in uniforms - like an old fashioned supper club. The bar is fun to gawk at. There's always a good energy to the place, not crazy but never dead either. The outdoor patio in summer is nice, very enjoyable. Valet parking is right there on the spot, no set fee, just a tip. Enjoy!