“Great wings.”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: Washington Avenue North
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a small place off the beaten path in Minneapolis. They have one flavor of wings and I recommend it. The beer selection is very small but drinks are their specialty. We sat on the patio, I recommend a seat next to the heater.

There are newer reviews for Monte Carlo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I went for date night and spent $120. All we felt was guilt after we left. We were looking for a fine dining with a cool atmosphere. The atmosphere was okay but the food was the big disappointment. We both got the filet mignon and a bottle of wine. The filet came out on an ugly metal plate. That's it. And the loaded potato came on another plate all dried up with plastic tubs of butter and sour cream. I only ate a few bites of mine. Too tough to chew. We wrapped it to go so my husband could try eating it later but we forgot it on the table. Granted it was our fault we left it, but we stayed outside drinking for 30 minutes. It would have been nice if when our server noticed he would have brought it out to us.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I used to visit the Monte Carlo years ago when my commute took me to Minneapolis. I quickly fell in love with the bar, the casual yet exceptional food, and the Miro on the wall when you walk in!

I hadn't been in years. But last week I was once again in the neighborhood and it hasn't changed a bit- except they added a great outdoor patio. I had my usual chicken wings appetizer, a nice salad, and Charlie's Kitchen Sandwich. The best! Slices of tremendous filet on fresh pumpernickel with a little horseradish sauce. It's a must have.

Prices are reasonable, and we had good solid service. While many restaurants have a tough time maintaining their brand, I am pleased to give the MC my thumbs up.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Never knew of this place until I had to make an appointment for my fiancee and I to meet with the priest that will be marrying us this August. He told us to meet him here at noon on Sunday for a bite to eat and to chat. First impression of this place is that it is obviously a classic supper club type of establishment that most likely has many regulars that swear by it. Being that it was established in 1906 guarantees that. The service we had was very slow. It took a long time for our order to be placed for our beverages, and then it was even longer before we got them and were able to order our food. My fiancee and I shared a flatbread pizza that was listed as an appetizer because the food was overpriced in our opinion for a lunch meal. I assume they only have one menu... a dinner menu. The waitress let us know toward the end of our meal that one of the waitresses had called in sick at the last minute and she was sorry for the lack of service.

Overall, this is a place I would not mind going to some day again. It was very busy and the food was pretty good. It had a lot of people dining that were probably heading to the Twins game at Target Field down the block, though I would probably eat some place with faster service and lower prices before a game and not here.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The service here is rather uneven. I have eaten inside the restaurant and had good service with hot food. Tonight, being a nice summer evening, we ate outside on their patio and just the opposite happened. Our waitress apparently hadn't had much training before the management put this young lady out on the floor. She never did bring us silverware and a cloth napkin. We finally had to ask the man who brought our supper for silverware.

We ordered a simple Turkey club sandwich and a Charlies Steak sandwich. By the time they brought us the sandwiches, they were luke-warm and the bacon in the Club sandwich was cold. There was potato salad with the sandwiches which was very good. The pumpernickle bread that the sandwiches were served on was not the freshest bread and the bread knife could barely go through it when trying to cut the halves in quarters of the club sandwich. Considering the Steak Sandwich needed a serrated knife to cut the sandwich in quarters and the Turkey also could have used the same type of knife, it was not given to us.

When we got through eating, the waitress never bothered to ask us if we wanted more coffee, an after dinner drink or would we like to see a dessert menu. She just wanted to hurry-up and give us our bill. This has always been a great restaurant to have dinner with your significant other or a lunch with the girls. But, apparently, it has slipped since we ate here a couple years ago. I doubt very much if we would eat here again. There are too many good places to eat in the Minneapolis Warehouse District to put up with this type of service.