“Should get 10 stars!”

Christos Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Christos Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,807 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin
“Should get 10 stars!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We visited Christos in Union Depot for lunch before leaving St. Paul. We were advised to try the buffet and the advice was spot on. The soups were excellent. The salad was crisp and fresh. The beef stew and other hot offerings were all delicious. And the baklava for dessert was the perfect end to the perfect meal. It melts in your mouth. Definitely a "must do" on a return trip to St. Paul. Friendly staff as well!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Voice1234

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Solid”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant for nearly 30 years. It has changed little. Wine prices have gone up. The decor and menu items are virtually the same. Solid Greek food but a bit weak on the seafood selection that you be at a Greek restaurant in a major American city. The Seabass was excellent. They also have a light meal section in the menu featuring smaller portions of many of the same items. Not a bad idea. The flaming cheese is great. Calamari so so. The pita is first rate. Fish dishes and lamb are both good. Corkage is $15. Food is always presented piping hot. I like that.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Returning to this restaurant yesterday we were continuously impressed by the excellent quality of the food, the variety of the dishes, and the very friendly atmosphere and environment. This is a place to value. The Greek food is tasty, fresh, varied, and the portions very generous. One should enjoy this place because it is carefully run with a staff that is always pleasant and willing to help. A must in Minneapolis.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gabriel W
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Always predictably great!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you are looking for terrific Greek food, head to Christo's! We have been coming here for probably 15 years and have always had great meals every visit.

Visited June 2014
Oakdale MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best thing about our meal was the free parking...”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Okay that’s not totally fair, the food was actually very good, if only we’d have had time to eat and enjoy it.

We had a 12:30 reservation today, Mother Day, at Christos. Unfortunately we also had 2pm theater tickets at Children's Theater, just a few blocks away. Herein lies the problem.

It took 15 minutes for us to get water service. Following my complaint and warning about our timing constraint we received a waitress, an apology, and a reassurance that our selections would not take much time. Somewhere around 55 minutes after we arrived, we received our entrees. As I mentioned before the food was actually very good, but by then we were very irritated and didn’t really have time to enjoy the food anyway.

So along with the entrees, I immediately requested the check. Since I’d already complained, I thought surely they’d do something to take care of us on the bill. Sometimes, when you get really poor service, it’s nice to see how the restaurant will respond. Well, as far as I could tell, they comped an order of pita bread – I did not keep a copy, but I think it was something like $1.30. 

So I left them no tip, which I know is unfair, since it punishes the (likely low-paid) server, rather than the restaurant, but it’s really the only convenient response mechanism we have, as patrons.

So in the meantime, we scarfed down our food, were not able to finish it, and I ended up arriving late for our play.

Good food, really unfortunate service.

PS - as i write this, I note that I am only motivated to post these when i have REAiLLY bad experiences. We do also have good restaurant experiences, but apparently I do not take the initiative for those, unfortunately.

• Visited May 2014