“Great brunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26th Street
Transit: The bus lines 4 and 113, stop at our corner, 26th Street and Lyndale Avenue S. For more information, www.metrotransit.org.
Description: Welcome to the first Certified Organic Bakery in the USA! French Meadow began baking organic yeast-free bread in 1985. On the forefront of healthy, organic baking, we opened the popular Uptown cafe in the early 1990's by customer demand, and have been serving healthful gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, local, organic and natural foods ever since. With the growing demand for fresh and innovative food, we were able to expand the cafe in 2013 to include Bluestem Bar, offering full table service, a selection of sustainable wines and local taps, and a private dining room.
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
“Great brunch”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the setting, beautiful inside, good attentive service without being obtrusive, food was delicious and the chocolate cake with lingonberry sauce was wonderfully unique. Excellent coffee

Visited July 2014

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Good dinner under staffed”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We love French Meadow especially for there vegetarian options. This last time it was under staffed for a Saturday night dinner. Our server worked hard but it seemed like the hostess and other staff were not working together. I loved my trout dinner but the menu seemed to be missing vegetarian non fish options.

San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
“Vegan options? YES PLEASE!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

While in Minnesota for a few weeks visiting family I had the fortune to eat at the French Meadow Bakery twice. I loved what I ate. First time the veggie burger, second time the BBQ wrap- vegan. I was happy to see all of the options and I enjoyed what I ate. The menu is easy to read and labeled well for vegan vegetarian or gluten free. My friend had the curry sandwich- she didn't like it. I was pleasantly surprised to see at MSP (the international airport in MN) there was also a French Meadow Bakery- but I was disappointed they had far fewer options for a vegan eater.

• Visited July 2014
MN
“Wonderful place with many Gluten Free options”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wonderful food with many GF options. Went for breakfast and had the Gluten free waffles with bananas, walnuts and syrup. They were amazing. Waitress was also very knowledgable and recommended her favorites. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
“Great breakfast, very friendly staff”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I visited the French Meadow Bakery on Wednesday morning in June. We sat ourselves since there is no waitress service in the bakery and everything is ordered from a register at the front of the bakery.

The first thing that struck us was the size of the menu which was huge and covered everything you could possibly want for breakfast and more. After some time we decided to order the Pancakes (banana & nut) and the huevos rancheros. We also ordered iced tea and coffee. The daily special iced tea was a pleasant surprise with a good fruity flavour, not like the normal iced tea I had grown to expect.

The huevos rancheros had a good depth flavour and just spicy enough for breakfast. The eggs were also perfectly cooked. The banana nut pancakes were huge and certainly one was more than enough for 1 person.The pancake itself was light and fluffy but not lacking in flavour. A little more maple syrup would have been nice but it wasn't necessary.

In summary this was a fantastic breakfast and given the price I cannot give it less than 5 stars.

• Visited June 2014