“Fresh food, friendly service, great spot”

French Meadow Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #95 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26th Street
Transit: The bus lines 4 and 113, stop at our corner, 26th Street and Lyndale Avenue S. For more information, www.metrotransit.org.
Description: Welcome to the first Certified Organic Bakery in the USA! French Meadow began baking organic yeast-free bread in 1985. On the forefront of healthy, organic baking, we opened the popular Uptown cafe in the early 1990's by customer demand, and have been serving healthful gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, local, organic and natural foods ever since. With the growing demand for fresh and innovative food, we were able to expand the cafe in 2013 to include Bluestem Bar, offering full table service, a selection of sustainable wines and local taps, and a private dining room.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fresh food, friendly service, great spot”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a recent trip to Minneapolis, a friend took me to French Meadow Bakery. This casual dining spot was great. The menu has all kinds of organic options, including meatless and vegan dishes. The food I tried (the breakfast quesadillas) was made of simple, fresh ingredients with great flavors. I loved the tortilla and fresh guacamole!

I didn't love that you had to order at the counter and then find a table. It was pretty busy at brunch time on Saturday, so it stressed me out a little to have to pounce on a table after we ordered our food. We ended up getting a table very quickly, so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.

I was really satisfied with the food, and also very excited to find out that they have another restaurant at the Minneapolis airport with a more limited menu. I ordered a sandwich before my flight, the Grilled Rachel (Wild Acres smoked turkey, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, tomato-­‐caper aioli, on organic sourdough rye) and it was delicious!

I posted some pictures on my blog, for a better idea of the experience: http://hungry-games.com/2013/05/20/french-meadow-bakery-cafe-minneapolis-mn/

Dana Point, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the bet restaurants in Minneapolis!! Organic and healthy!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to French meadow for years and LOVE it!

I only like healthy organic food and I can find fantastic options at French meadow! I am also gluten free and have options galore on their menu.

The environment in lively, friendly and comfortable.

Albuquerque, NM
“Most excellent array”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Of salads, sandwiches and innovative farm to table fare. We keep going back even though other places beckon. I like the staff too. Very pleasant and helpful. Baked good also great.

Oxnard, California
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant very much. We were there for lunch with our daughter who is vegan. We all found entrees that were very pleasing. The atmosphere had a nice vibe.

• Visited April 2013
“Gourmet Organic Airport cuisine”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Delicious airport fare. Many vegetarian and vegan options. Very quick service (helpful since this French Meadows is in the airport terminal mall). The Roasted Beet & Pear salad is the best ever with organic greens. The Berry Shortcake with real whipped cream is almost a meal in itself. My waitress was more than accommodating allowing me to try samples of some of the dishes before ordering. Serving sizes are ample. I would come here again anytime I am passing through MSP Airport.