“Excellent place for a late dinner”

FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,820 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Hennepin
Transit: 2 blocks from the light rail. 1/2 block from bus route.
Description: FireLake embodies the flavor of flame and features a menu that takes its inspiration from traditional Minnesota cooking techniques. The menu features a passionate exploration of fresh, local ingredients and unique flavors that can only be delivered by real burning wood.
Cupertino, California, United States
“Excellent place for a late dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

just got here at 9pm quite place. The Buffalo ribeye is excellent a must try if you like.meat
Wine list is reasonable i would for sure come back

1 Thank Philippe B

WI
“Nice meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went here for my birthday dinner. We went pretty early-around 515 pm on a Saturday night and got seated right away. We got off to a rough start with our drinks. My husband initially ordered a $15 beer but when the waiter dropped it off it wasn't what he had ordered and didn't realize this until the waiter walked away. When he came back (my husband didn't take a sip yet) we told him that it wasn't the beer we had ordered and he said "oh the one you ordered is out". Okay....he failed to tell us that when he brought us a $4 beer. The waiter offered no apology or alternative choice prior to just giving my husband a random beer. Thought this was strange and thus I am giving the service a poor rating. The drink I ordered was so strong I had a hard time drinking it-granted this might not be a bad thing but I was expecting something more fruity (the description sounded like it would be pretty sweet tasting) than just a pure alcohol taste to it. Anyways, onto the food. Based on previous reviews my husband ordered the bison and that was excellent. I ordered the Bavette Steak and that was very good. The mashed potatoes that came with my steak were the best mashed potatoes I ever tasted! Overall the experience got better with the food and I would go back just to try either the duck or chicken.

• Visited March 2013
St Paul, MN
“Amazing evening”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have never been to FireLake Grill House before. We will be making it a regular place for ourselves and where we bring out of town guests and friends for that special evening. The staff were engaging and open. Our waiter, Michael, was phenomenal!!! He inquired about time limits before we ordered to make sure we weren't rushed or pressured. We really liked that they use local grown ingredients. The varied wine list included primarily California wines and a few International. We ordered the bruschetta and it was fabulous. The white bean and garlic and parmesan dips were outstanding. I like bruschetta, but this was by far the best I have ever had. We ordered the pork chop and bison rib eye. The pork chop was the biggest most delicious piece of pork. The haralson apples with bacon marmalade and carmelized brussel sprouts accented the meal and it melted in your mouth. I don't like brussel sprouts but I practically licked the plate. In closing, the cost was extremely affordable for the completely amazing evening. I am still talking about it to all our friends. Make it a stop when in downtown Minneapolis. You won't regret it.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Gregs0n
Chaska, Minnesota
“Awesome spit roasted chicken”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

we had 2 of there specialities. Spit chicken and the pork chop I have never seen that big of a chop before! We were looking forward to the pop overs, but they arrived cold and popovers should be served warm.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lori730
Michigan
“Not your normal meno”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I loved that many of their dishes used different ingredients not typically found on menus. I was a bit disappointed that the salmon dish I ordered came with brussel sprouts in it instead of grilled asparagus as listed on the menu. Our waiter remedied that by bringing me a side order of grilled asparagus. The food was awesome and the service was great also. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back next time I am back in Minneapolis.

• Visited September 2012