“Great food at reasonable prices”

FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Hennepin
Transit: 2 blocks from the light rail. 1/2 block from bus route.
Description: FireLake embodies the flavor of flame and features a menu that takes its inspiration from traditional Minnesota cooking techniques. The menu features a passionate exploration of fresh, local ingredients and unique flavors that can only be delivered by real burning wood.
Somersworth, New Hampshire
“Great food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We found the food selection to be varied, with something for every palate. The food was well-prepared and the service was excellent. We expected the prices to be more expensive and the food to be average, as hotel restaurants are not always top-notch, but this was a case where the restaurant was excellent.

Visited January 2013

Falls Church, Virginia
“Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent food. Hot spinach salad and free range chicken was awesome.
A bit pricy but not many choices are Christmas Day.
Waitstaff were jolly and very attentive.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gailmarie G
Melbourne, Australia
“First rate food and service....”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have dined a number of times at the Fire Lake grill but this is my first review. I recently stayed at the Radisson plaza hotel (to which the FL grill is attached) and had to have at least one meal here.

I ate here with two friends / colleagues on a business trip on a Sunday night. We sat in the dinning area but I can also recommend sitting at the bar or in the bar area if you are alone or want to watch the game.

The service is always first rate, friendly without being too intrusive and very efficient. We ordered a burger, the HUGE pork steak and I had the flat iron steak frites. Everyone commented how lovely the meal was and how well executed the food was done. I have had the steak frites a number of times and its always perfectly cooked, melt in the mouth and comes with a fabulous side sauce of a sweat / spicy mustard. T he fries are hand cut and well cooked.

All in all we very much enjoyed our dinner at the Fire Lake grill. Great service, perfectly cooked food, and done equally as well each time I have visited. I also like that they offer a “free pour” on the spirits so you get a generous pour each time!! I will certainly be back, staying the Radisson or not!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Savitar
Mesa, Arizona
“Amazing Steak!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a party of four and everyone thoroughly enjoyed thier meals but I think mine was the best....the Buffalo Ribeye. It was done perfectly, extremely tender and flavorful and the creme fraiche dipping sauce was amazing! The entire menu looks good with just enough variety to make every appetite happy but not so much that they can't make some truly specialized dishes. The atmosphere was relaxed, the service wonderful. I don't go downtown much but for Firelake Grill I may even make a special trip as there are some menu items I would love to try!

• Visited December 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great burger!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband & I have had great lunches before at this restaurant. On this last visit we tried some new menu items. My husband had the salmon which was very good. The waiter recommended the burgers on the menu so I tried the Cheeseburger. It was one of the best I have had. The bun was toasted crispy, burger was juicy, the cheese perfectly melted,.... It all came together as a truly great burger. I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012