“Surprisingly Good”

FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,817 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Hennepin
Transit: 2 blocks from the light rail. 1/2 block from bus route.
Description: FireLake embodies the flavor of flame and features a menu that takes its inspiration from traditional Minnesota cooking techniques. The menu features a passionate exploration of fresh, local ingredients and unique flavors that can only be delivered by real burning wood.
NC
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've passed this place many times and finally stopped in with colleages and was pleasantly surprised. Service was outstanding and our wait staff knew the menu and the local brews available. All of our food was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. Was good enough that some of our group returned on subsequent evenings while we were in town.

Texas
“A dark horse”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Normally hotel restaurants are nothing special. I'd seen this place online but didn't twig it was a hotel restaurant until we were about to be seated (it offers street entrance.) I feared the worst but left happy.

The menu's full of old standbys to please any palate, and given the occasion I went for the basics - steak frites. The flat iron steak was very well seasoned and cooked perfectly medium rare, and was pretty tasty. The frites crispy and warm - the best you can ask for, really. It came with a grain mustard sauce on the side that worked well with both the meat and the starch.

My wife and I split a bread pudding dessert that, while different to what I expected, was delicious.

A little on the pricy side - again, comes with the territory - but don't let the fact that it's in a chain hotel put you off, as it's got great food and wonderful staff.

arizona
“a good cheeseburger”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My companion and I had an evening sandwich at Firelake. We both ordered homestead cheeseburgers. They were cooked as requested. We ate at the bar and the bartender was friendly and efficient. the server who delivered the plates was almost solicitous.

The burgers were cooked to the degree requested. I had a quite good coleslaw. My companion had the chips. Tasty - as expected - without any issues. The patty was large enough to cover the bun which was a very good. We each had to employ knives and forks to finish the sandwich. They 'fell apart' as we were eating. That is a positive testament to the size with toppings included.

All in all a pleasant experience. It is worth of a repeat performance.

• Visited August 2012
“Was so good, I ate there many times!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excellent!! Hickory and Mesquite grilled steaks and chops cooked to perfection! Was so good I ate there many times. In the lobby of the Raddison Plaza Minneapolis I visited.

Had the Grilled Goddess salad, Chops, Brisket,

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I usually don't eat at restaurants that are located in hotels, but this one was recommended and it lived up to the recommendations. Service was attentive and helpful. The food was not cheap but was good -- my buffalo steak was not dry (the bacon wrap probably helped) and was quite flavorful.

• Visited June 2012