“Meh.”
Review of Victor's 1959 Cafe

Victor's 1959 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's 1959 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
Mn
“Meh.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Service was great. We waited an hour in the cold which was our choice, but I certainly wouldn't do it again. Food was average. We ordered several Cuban breakfast entrees and they were just ok. The coffee was very good. I didn't mind the cramped sort of dirty atmosphere because we had a large booth for the two of us. We're glad we tried it but it'll be the first and last time we go.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank willia_123

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Travel to Cuba without leaving MN”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have dined at Victor's twice so far. Both times I had a good time, ate good food, and left wanting to quickly return! Whenever we are in Miami we treat ourselves to Cuban food. It is wonderful having Cuban fare right in the heart of Minneapolis - minus the airfare! I've enjoyed the vegetarian dish and especially like the salsa that comes with it (I asked for a second helping of it). Fruit juices are refreshingly tropical and delicious. I have yet to go there for breakfast/brunch, but I've heard it's wonderful as well. This spot is very tiny (its part of the charm), so I strongly suggest making a reservation. Bring your marker and leave your "mark" on the walls/ceilings!

• Visited July 2013
Israel
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Finally got to Victor's after hearing about it so many times from my sister and brother-in-law who live nearby. Had the extremely delicious Ranchero Cubano for breakfast - can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2013
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“A taste of Havanna”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I found this small "hole in the wall" on line and it sounded wonderful. Authentic Cuban food that was big on taste and quite moderate in price. The Ropa Vieja was amazing, full of flavor (garlic, onions, peppers, sherry and beef), simmered till the meat was tender and delicious. The Lechon Asado, was also good, but was a bit dry. The plantains and yucca were also very good and it was nice to be there for the half priced wen during "happy hour". I would like to go back and try dome of their other dishes that also sounded fantastic. The decor was funky and fun and the service was quick and friendly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank daanddo
“Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank Diners, Drive-ins and Dives for this gem. Doesn't look like much from the outside, would probably drive right past without a second glance if you were uninformed. Not much seating, so plan ahead with reservations, or enjoy a beverage or two while you wait. Our server was excellent, willing to make a couple recommendations for food choices that were outstanding. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013