“Travel to Cuba without leaving MN”
Review of Victor's 1959 Cafe

Victor's 1959 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's 1959 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have dined at Victor's twice so far. Both times I had a good time, ate good food, and left wanting to quickly return! Whenever we are in Miami we treat ourselves to Cuban food. It is wonderful having Cuban fare right in the heart of Minneapolis - minus the airfare! I've enjoyed the vegetarian dish and especially like the salsa that comes with it (I asked for a second helping of it). Fruit juices are refreshingly tropical and delicious. I have yet to go there for breakfast/brunch, but I've heard it's wonderful as well. This spot is very tiny (its part of the charm), so I strongly suggest making a reservation. Bring your marker and leave your "mark" on the walls/ceilings!

There are newer reviews for Victor's 1959 Cafe

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Finally got to Victor's after hearing about it so many times from my sister and brother-in-law who live nearby. Had the extremely delicious Ranchero Cubano for breakfast - can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I found this small "hole in the wall" on line and it sounded wonderful. Authentic Cuban food that was big on taste and quite moderate in price. The Ropa Vieja was amazing, full of flavor (garlic, onions, peppers, sherry and beef), simmered till the meat was tender and delicious. The Lechon Asado, was also good, but was a bit dry. The plantains and yucca were also very good and it was nice to be there for the half priced wen during "happy hour". I would like to go back and try dome of their other dishes that also sounded fantastic. The decor was funky and fun and the service was quick and friendly.

1  Thank daanddo
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank Diners, Drive-ins and Dives for this gem. Doesn't look like much from the outside, would probably drive right past without a second glance if you were uninformed. Not much seating, so plan ahead with reservations, or enjoy a beverage or two while you wait. Our server was excellent, willing to make a couple recommendations for food choices that were outstanding. We will be back.

1  Thank Doverlee
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Guy Fierra got this one right, Victor's is AWESOME. Service was outstanding, food was wonderful, atmosphere was great!!! Yuca Fritas appetizer was one of, if not the best, preparations of Yuca I have had. Our party tried everything that DDD tried and we loved it all (each item is singled out on the menu). It's a small busy restaurant, so make a reservation. They will honor it. This place will be a go to from now on. Nicely done staff!!!

1  Thank njb6q6