“Little part of tropical Cuba”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Victor's 1959 Cafe

Victor's 1959 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's 1959 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
“Little part of tropical Cuba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Food is great. I had Dia Y Noche and a tropical mimosa with mango juice. Excellent! Cuban music was playing in the background. Servers are super nice and not overbearing. Megan was great. I came here first time on a blind date with my now boyfriend and has been returning ever since. Be prepared to wait anywhere between 10-30 min as this place is always busy.

New York City, New York
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

A very quaint and authentic restaurant in a neighborhood of Minneapolis. The staff are excellent and friendly, and the restaurant itself is suitable for families. I would say the friendly staff contribute to the warmth of this cosy establishment.
The food is authentic and delicious, however I found it very filling and heavy. Perhaps we ordered too much food, we started with excellent empanadas and each had a meat dish. Really after the empanadas we could have ordered only one dish as the portions are extremely generous. We also ordered a delicious salad, but were not told that this also comes on our plate of food, so this seemed to be duplicated.
I would highly recommend this lovely restaurant, but perhaps others have a much bigger appetite than I do, we wasted a lot of food as there was so much. Loved the Rooibos tea which was served as a latte.. All in all I highly recommend Victors

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last night was my first visit to Victor's. I can only say that I will be returning to little cafe with big flavors! The food was outstanding in flavor and fresh ingredients make this Cuban Cafe a hit! The staff is friendly, informative and attentive. Thank-you for a lovely date night with my husband,

People check out this little diamond in the rough! You won't regret your dining experience!

Minneapolis
“Cool clunky and popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This small quirky space is fun to visit and very popular too; you can't call in a reservation but it's a pretty good corner for loitering while you wait. The booths and chairs have apparently shrunk over time so, with a low ceiling too, it's cozy, even densely packed - a feel heightened by the fact that every available inch of wall and beam space is inscribed with guests' names, proclamations, and other proofs of presence. I enjoy this sort of feel and focus, but if any more people were waiting by the counter, I would've felt claustrophobic. I wasn't as over-the-top dazzled by the food as others were, but we went there for breakfast, which for me is something to accompany coffee (I expected Cuban eggs to be - I don't know - more revolutionary or bold or something; they were good but not a taste revelation). But I did like my food, had a good time, and will go again for sure (but before 9 .a.m on a weekend when the line begins to form).

Minot, North Dakota
“Putting the latin flavor in Minneapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are looking for a place to eat some real caribbean food and have a good time, then I suggest you go to Victor's 1959 Cafe. Based on the cuban history and tradition, this place bring you what caribbean food really means. I went here with my girlfriend, and we really have a good time. The food is great, the people and the service is amazing.