“Delicious, authentic Vietnamese in a busy atmosphere”
Review of Quang Restaurant

Quang Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really like Vietnamese food, so whenever I visit a new city I head straight for the Vietnamese restaurants if they have them. I stumbled upon Quang and could tell immediately I was going to like it. It's really busy, loads of people all the time. Super fast service, not friendly, just fast. If you want quiet this isn't the place. There seem to be so few choices between fast food and the 1 1/2 hour sit down restaurant experience. This is right in the middle. You're seated fast, someone takes your order within a few minutes and your food is delivered shortly thereafter. You're not rushed, but it's a great spot whether you're in a hurry, or taking your time with a bunch of friends and who to hang out a bit and take in the crowd. The food was delicious. From my experience this is very good quality Vietnamese and very fresh. I kept looking at dishes waitstaff were bringing to other tables wanting to know what it was. I actually ate there twice in three days and both times had a great experience. I tried the summer rolls and they were cold and fresh, and some vermicelli dish with beef and spring rolls. I was practically licking the plate. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Minneapolis.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I have started eating at a lot of Vietnamese restaurants in our travels. By no stretch of the imagination are we experts, but we like Asian food, especially Thai food, but Vietnamese cooking is moving up very fast. I looked at a lot of “foodie” websites before we left on our vacation so I had several places that I wanted to try. Quang was at the top of my list. Now I know why it gets so much attention. We were at Quang on a Friday night and it was packed. As we waited for a table (only about 10 minutes) I watched as the waitresses carried large plates of delicious looking food to several tables and I told my wife “this is going to be really good!” We started off with Spring Rolls made with Chicken Breast (#114 Goi Cuon Ga) that were excellent. We followed that with the Seared Salmon with ginger scallions (#411 Com Ca) and Caramelized Jumbo Shrimp with onions over broken rice (#403 Com Tom Xao). It was all wonderful. We wish we still lived in Saint Louis Park, or Excelsior, instead of Cincinnati. We would be taking friends back to Quang once a month instead of visiting just once a year!

1  Thank RMCINCINNATI
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's noisy, brightly lit, busy, and fun eating. The food seems authentic to mel

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We've been eating here for over 10 years now. Always consistent! Our favorite dishes are the fresh spring rolls, the combo sandwich (ask server to toast the bread), grilled chicken and egg roll salad, and of course the Pho (traditional vietnamese dish). As evidence from the many cultures of its customers, it's a crowd pleaser for everyone. Also has great vegetarian options! My kids love the Limeade while my hubby and I love the Vietnamese Coffee and the Tri-Color dessert.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My favorite Vietnamese restaurant by far in Minneapolis is Quangs. The spring rolls are fresh and the sliced beef and meatball pho is served with a very tasty broth and the veggies that are served on the side are always fresh. I've also had the beef vermicelli salad and it is a great summer dish when you want a salad type dish but also very filling. Don't forget the bubble thai tea. Great food and great value