“Still one of my favorite Greek restaurants...”
Review of It's Greek to Me

It's Greek to Me
Reserve with OpenTable
It's Greek to Me is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,947 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I try to go to this restaurant when I am in the neighborhood (which is usually only about twice a year) and I always have been happy with my food.

I went for lunch today on a Saturday and was surprised how empty it was (it was also very hot), but we still had good service and the food was as good as I have come to expect at this place.

I got a Gyro Wrap, and it was plenty of food; I had enough to take home.

Great place to eat before heading over to Jungle Theater next door for a play.

Parking: Paid parking behind restaurant in lot; lot has reasonable rates. Immediate parking in vicinity is also paid street parking, although a few side streets are free if you can find a spot.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We called to make a reservation, ten year wedding anniversary. Can we get a quieter table?
"No problem," the front desk replied. "We're pretty quiet tonight, so you should have a quiet place on the patio."
We arrived to a near-empty restaurant inside, and a neat and orderly patio with fewer than a dozen tables seated. It was 7:30. Our table was wobbly, but the waiter took our appetizer order and left. Then an adult with two rambunctious children was sat next to us. Sons/children proceeded to chase each other around our table, receive reprimands and sit with Dad (?) at the table for a few minutes, then repeat.
Appetizers are brought out. We're splitting several dishes so we each get a chance to try many flavours, but rather than provide two smaller plates, we're given two forks. This means eating from one plate set between us, not ideal. Soup was delicious and flaming cheese, was flaming and cheesy. As expected but not spectacular.
Children ramp up their efforts once and a while with added enthusiasm. Dad (?) continues growling for them to quiet down, but seems to have given up. Children are now wearing helmets. Cannot hear husband across the table.
Main meals come out. Have been corrected in my pronunciation of "Moussaka," and thank you so much. Husband says it is under-seasoned but children appear to be leaving. Quiet returns with our waiter, who confirms that the kataifi I wanted is "out." So we order something described as layers of filo pastry and lemon curd. It comes out rather quickly, on one plate with two forks again. Is dry as a brick, entirely without a sense of lemon and essentially whipped cream and baked puff pastry.
Giving this three stars for what could have been a nice experience, had we eaten inside and been provided with the correct plating.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The service was not very attentive due to too many tables on a Saturday night. The lamb dishes were unimaginative and tasted like they had been stood back in the kitchen for days. The salad came without lettuce I couldn't believe it.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We had a wonderful dinner here with another couple and sat on the patio. This place is so quaint and beautiful inside and out. Simple and cozy decor, you will want to stay all night. The Greek food and service was terrific. Will we make a point of coming back. Insider tip: Head across the street for a night cap at Volstead's Emporium speak easy, but if you haven't been there you will need to ask for directions as it has a unmarked entrance in the alley.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I came on Open Street Day and went inside for lunch. I had the Greek salad with salmon. The mixed greens were fresh and the salmon and grilled vegetables were great with the olives, peppers and feta cheese. Service was good. Exactly what I imagined!