“Downhill Slide”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2012

True Thai is near my daughter's house and has been a favorite for years. Recently, the food quaility has declined -- hard potatoes, too much salt -- but I still get a yen for it. I went there about a month ago for lunch and, after waiting ten or more minutes at the assigned table in a high traffic area beside the buffet, I finally had my order taken. It arrived slowly, and I had to find my own chopsticks because the server just dropped off my plate and ran. Yesterday, April 18, 2012, I tried one more time. I was greeted by a smileless server into an almost empty restaurant. The manager was on the phone during my whole visit. The server took me to the high traffic table; when I asked for a different table (only 3 were occupied), she asked which and I said, "Any other table is fine." She rolled her eyes, left the menu at the host desk, and walked away. I have seldom encountered service this rude. I left, never to return.

1  Thank Spuntwine

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great food at a reasonable price. The wine is good too.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is one of our go-to Thai places. We love it here. Usually have great service & always good food. I love the sukiyaki noodles & the tempura veggies WITH the plum sauce...yumO! RIP chef Phanthavong. You were a great chef.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stopped at True Thai on our way to a play, running behind as usual. We told the waitress that we were in a hurry. We ordered two appetizers and three entrees which all arrived in approximately 5 minutes. In addition to the fast service, the food was done perfectly--even the sea scallops. The server was smiling throughout and brought our check early so we wouldn't have to wait.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

awful food
service not good
no coffee, I know they only serve tea
no no