“Awesome”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,870 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: City Bus Line/ Cab stand located at front of Hyatt Regency.
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a great meal at the Oceanaire. The service was great and the food spectacular. I would recommend the halibut black and blue with crab meat on top. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is really a 3.5 star review. This is one of the most expensive restaurants in Minneapolis, and for the money I expected the very best. Oceanaire did not quite measure up.

Wifey and I were here on a Sunday night. The dining room was less than half full. The new location is attractive and elegant- we sat in one of the cozy coved tables around the perimeter.Our server was a real pro and the bus people were at our elbows frequently with more water or to clear plates. The crudites that came out with the bread included some tasty salted cucumber slices along with some carrots that looked like they'd passed their expiration date. The crab cake app got very high marks but the shrimp and grits appetizer was over salted. The brittle in the beet salad was fabulous but the beets themselves were lackluster.

Our main courses of scallops and grilled mahi mahi were both very good, although I wish there was some way to remove all the grit from scallops-- I can't remember the last time eating any that did not have a grain or two somewhere in them. Too much to ask? The scallops were cooked perfectly though.

By the time time dessert time came I was too full to order anything but the banana cream pie my SO ordered was divine.

I am on a margarita kick, and the one I got here was among the best I've had. The seabreeze was also highly rated. The wine pour was skimpy though.

In my view it's not hard to get a better meal for less in the Twin Cities.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is our top Minneapolis downtown dining destination. We have loved the place, even since it was Pronto and back at its old location at the Hyatt Regency. I highly recommend calling ahead.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The flavor, taste and portions were perfect. There were two of us and we had the walleye and scallops. I gave lower marks on two areas because our meal with tip came to $215 and because with a 2 week reservation they gave us a table back by the kitchen and restrooms - too much foot traffic.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have always wanted to eat here but it never panned out before. We happened to be staying at a hotel close by and decided to see if we could get in. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately as a table just happened to open up. Our waitress came and took our drink and appetizer orders. The drinks, crab cake and scallops came very quickly and they were amazing. We weren't sure on what to order for our entree and the waitress took her time explaining the different choices and gave us some reccomendations. I ordered the swordfish and asparagus and my wife had jumbo scallops with cheesey bacon potatoes. Everything was cooked perfectly with a beautiful presentation. Our waitress kept a good eye on us in case we needed any refills or anythung else but didn't hover, just the way I prefer it. The only slight surprise was the cost. After food, drinks and generous tip it came to about $240, too much for us to make it a frequent choice but we will definately be back. Overall it was one of the best dining experiences I have had anywhere. I highly suggest every seafood lover give them a try.