“New Location- Poor service”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: City Bus Line/ Cab stand located at front of Hyatt Regency.
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am a fan of Oceanairre restaurant and encouraged my business associates to have dinner this past week. The restaurant moved to a new location, still downtown but now on the street level. My first impression walking in was not the same as when visiting their prior location. It lacked ambiance.
We had a reservation and were seated immediately, water soon to follow. Server came within acceptable time frame. That's when things changed. We had to ask our busboy to get the server, (not my normal experience here). She did come and take our orders, was professional etc. We then waited for food longer than expected (even other tables received their orders before us). She never stopped by to explain the delay.
The food was still excellent and even worth the wait. However, there wasn't a reason for the poor service. She was not overloaded with tables and the restaurant was not extremely busy.
although I certainly would still return to this restaurant because of the food, I would temper my recommendation with the possibility of poor service.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

spoke to manager told our waiter was "one of the best' , he was arrogant and rushing us out of his section with an attitude of knowing /expecting a certain tip amt-he was pathetic to say the least with a place that commands the price they do--Main host or whatever he was echoed what I said but did NOTHING in acknowledgement or desire for future business from us or those we know---this place is arrogant,steeped with suffocating table space,noisy and far from class of any nearby restuarants-it will eventually fail due to its arrogant and unprofessional atmosphere-people of class want better-McDonalds has classier service than Tony our waiter.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Everything was good except the service. Thought the entire place lacked even average service from management to wait staff. Would think twice about spending that money for unprofessional service I'd expect that at mid level restaurant but not here.

1  Thank yahoo2222
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I went here for my birthday a few months ago. The food and service was fabulous and I got a huge free flaming baked alaska! My other favorite part was that they took all the crab meat out FOR ME and I didn't have to do any of the messy work myself! The atmosphere was quiet and unpretentious. If you are looking for a quiet dinner experience with great seafood - this is the place! Don't go here if you want to feel young and cool on your birthday, as it made me feel old, but definitely very well fed!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Oceanaire came recommended, we went for lunch. I asked for the fish of the day with tartar sauce on the side and a side salad, skip the other sides. Instead, the waiter brought a bed of lettuce with a microscopic piece of fish on it, then said "oh, I forgot your tartar sauce!" I guess he figured I'd use tartar sauce as salad dressing? Fish was just not good, and the fact that the order was botched didn't help. Wouldn't go back if you paid me to do it.

2  Thank RoxxinTampa