“Great Evening of Music and Fun!”

Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Entering its third decade, the Dakota has long been a favorite of jazz legends as well as patrons who savor the best of both art forms, the virtuosity of kitchen and bandstand. You can eat in the dining room and enjoy music second-hand from the adjacent club room; but you can also enjoy the music in the intimate club while making selections from either the bar or dining room menu—the best of both worlds. Patrons must note that online reservations through OpenTable apply to the dining room only. For show information and club reservations please call.
Naples, Florida
“Great Evening of Music and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went for the "Davina and the Vagabonds " show on New Years Eve. It was a great time, wonderful upbeat, fun jazz music with very talented musicians. We are frequent visitors to The Dakota.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“New Years show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Let me start out saying I have mixed feelins on the Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant. Let me start by telling you the things I liked a lot.

The food presentation was absolutely perfect. Each course of the 5 course dinner was beautiful.
The dinner was comprised of dishes I would never make at home or most likely try if they were menu options. Each of the offerings in the 5 course dinner had a complexity that was foreign to me. The steak that was served was absolutely delicious.

Davina and the Vagabonds were playing that night and they were a fun group with a jazz sound I don't typically listen to. But they were fun and lively. The show ran about an hour.

Though there was a big crowd the service was great.

The price of drinks was not outrageous.

Things I didn't like:

The place was crowded. They had tables crammed in together so it was difficult to move around. One poor couple was seated under the stairwell. This bothers me even though I wasn't the unfortunate soul who was seated there. My hope is that they knew they would be seated under the stairs, otherwise I am sure it really messed up their New Years Eve. It would be hard to spend $70 a plate and look forward to a great evening out and be placed under the stairs. And since it was New Years Eve it would be hard to find a different place to go without a reservation.

The other thing I didn't like was there were no options for the 5 course meal except vegetarian or non-vegetarian.

The food, though beautiful, was just luke warm.

The show seemed rather short to me and it was difficult to see the performers.

All and all I will go back to the Dakota club but most likely for a show and drinks. I would have to see their daily menu to see what they offer and the prices.

Boonton, New Jersey
“Good food, great music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

What a nice find in downtown MSP. They have great music all the time and very good food to boot. I keep an eye out for good shows when I'm in town

Visited August 2012
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Excellent evening of jazz and delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Immensely enjoyed the band, The New Standards, while the group dined on steak, calamari, and day boat scallops. The oddly shaped venue has TV monitored posted in strategic locations if you happen to be seated with your back to the stage. Would have been a 5-star rating if the food prices weren't sky high.

1 Thank Mark L
Minnesota
“Very good jazz venue, most tables are great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a very, very good jazz venue. Most tables have a good view of the stage. They blended the serving of the meal with the jazz performance with a nuanced and professional style. We felt the food was above average. We bought combination jazz performance and meal tickets. We felt, that for the price, we should have gotten an evening of jazz and not just an hour and 15 minutes. We would probably not go back for that kind of a pricing arrangement again. My advise would be to investigate the non-meal tables and see how that pricing fits your needs.

1 Thank MBB66066